Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Less Is More #315

The Less Is More challenge is "Opposites Attract" and it has to be a one layer card, not something I'm good at.  I kept thinking about what I had in my arsenal that would convey that theme and it wasn't until I was listening to the sermon on Sunday that an idea came to me.  The scripture lesson listed some opposites and while my card isn't one of them it did spark an image.
Using a Concord & 9th set, I stamped and masked the bulb, then inked up the rest of the card with Black Soot Distress Ink leaving a lighter spot around the bulb so I could add the Squeezed Lemonade.  When it was dry I white embossed  a sentiment from the set.  This card is already in the mail to a friend who has been having health issues for quite some time now.

If you are going through some tough times, consider this a card for you too.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Such a great idea! The background really looks fabulous around your light bulb!

Esther said...

What a fab card! I love the theme, and it’s resulted in a very striking and dramatic look. Great idea for "opposites"! I hope your friend enjoys it and has better health soon. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

What a really clever idea Bobby! Loving the brightness of the bulb against the dark background and the soft halo effect of the light hitting the dark is very dramatic. A perfect card for your friend's situation (hope it improves soon too). Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Loll said...

Such a creative and clever design Bobby. LOVE how your sponging shows the glow from the light. xx

Sarah G said...

Bobby, this is fabulous! Love the drama of the light against the dark and your sponging adds real depth and dimension. A thoughtful card and great take on our opposites theme. Thank you for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Jen W. said...

I don't know, Bobby. I'd say you're pretty awesome at one layer cards - this is so cool! The glow around the bulb looks awesome!!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A stunning and dramatic effect on our challenge Bobby, beautiful idea and theme - it's bound to make your friend feel better. I can't believe you inked all of that black soot - a sore arm I imagine at the end of that but so worth it. Thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah