Thursday, March 16, 2017

CAS MIx-Up and Inkspirational #130

I love smooshing so I'm glad there are a couple of challenges that give me reason to play around with it.  My card is for CAS Mix-Up and Inkspirational.
For CAS Mix-Up you had to do smooshing, stamping and your choice.  I heat embossed the stamped sentiment from A Jillian Vance Design and smooshed over it with Distress Oxides (emboss resist - my choice) plus I die cut with a MFT scalloped oval and added sequins.    Do you know how difficult it is to get a sentiment stamped straight on an oval?  Or cut an oval straight over a sentiment.  I thought it was even but now it looks like it's going uphill, not unlike my actual handwriting. ;)


In hindsight I should have done a birthday card since CAS Mix-Up is celebrating it's first birthday.  It's hard to believe that it was only a year ago that Bonnie and Loll began this fun challenge.  Time flies when you're having fun creating, doesn't it?  Happy Birthday and Many More!

I haven't played at Inkspirational in a while but they also have a Smooshing challenge so I'm sending my card there as well.

Thanks for dropping by.


10 comments:

Joyce said...

Beautiful card, Bobby. Love the multi colored background you created.

Lisa Elton said...

You get an A+ in smooshing!! This is pretty Bobby!!

Nonni said...

Wow, such beautiful colors in your smooshed bg! The white heat embossed sentiment really pops from the background. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

cm said...

Breath taken away with your amazing smooshing; the depth and layers of your inks are so eye-catching! A perfect background for your embossed sentiment! From where I'm sitting, your sentiment looks straight (then again, I, too, write uphill, so perhaps that's my version of straight *grin*). Whatever the case, your card is gorgeous! Thrilled you brought it to the INK gallery!
Hugs~c

Gwendolyn said...

Love the result of your smooshing, its gorgeous!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful smooshed background for your quote, Bobby. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs....

Loll said...

Gorgeous mix of smooshed colours behind your white embossed sentiment. I don't think I've tried to center a large sentiment in an oval. I'm sure it's not easy ... you did good!! So happy that you shared your card with us at CAS Mix Up!! It's has been a very fast year! xx

Bonnie said...

Who needs straight, Bobby? Actually it looks fine to me and I love the spring colors in your smooshing! Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Anita in France said...

Your gorgeous smooshing highlights that beautiful sentiment wonderfully, Bobby ... so eyecatching and fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Jo said...

Such beautiful vivid smooshing, perfect for that sentiment. Looking good to me :D
Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!