Saturday, March 25, 2017

Just Us Girls #386 - Photo Week

It's photo week at Just Us Girls and those are always fun.  We'd love to see how you're inspired by the photo that Vicki chose.
I don't have any teapot stamps or dies but I have plenty of butterflies. Here's how Vicki's photo inspired me.
I stamped and heat embossed a PTI Beautiful Butterfly on Limeade Ice cardstock.  Then I used my Distress Oxides to stamp the insets.  That's the great thing about those inks.  They are opaque so you can stamp them on colored cardstock.  I used one of the colors for the word 'beautiful' that comes from the set and added the rest in VersaFine Onyx Black.

Now it's your turn.  What inspires you in the photo?  Make a card and you could be chosen Chic of the Week.  I'd like to thank Nance Salkeld for all the wonderful cards she made this month as our guest designer.

11 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

I adore this card! So clean and fabulous~

Joyce said...

Such drama on this card. A fantastic take on that teapot.

Barb Ghig said...

This is one of my all time favorite butterflies, and I love how you colored it, Bobby! Loving your bold background, too...such a charming card! Great example of using Oxide inks on colored cardstock...I can't wait until mine get here :)

Nancy said...

Gorgeous, yet simple and bright! Well done!

Judy Woodland said...

What a great take on the challenge. You have given me yet another idea for those Oxides. I just got mine and can't wait to play with them.....maybe tomorrow. I adore that gorgeous limeade card stock, perfect for this card!!

Anita in France said...

Bold and beautiful, Bobby ... such fabulous impact ... wow! Hugs, Anita :)

Ina G said...

Simple and stunning. Love the sentiment.

Lisa Elton said...

This looks like Spring Bobby, bright and happy!!

Kate said...

So pretty! Simple and elegant!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Clean, simple and gorgeous! I love that big butterfly and your use of the Oxide inks (can't wait for mine to arrive).

Nance said...

Oh, wow, Bobby! So so pretty! I love the Oxides, you're right they work so well on colored paper. They just pop on this limeade! Thank you for having me this month as part of the team. I thoroughly enjoyed it!