July is almost half over and I just got a card made for the July CAS Mix-Up challenge. I had so much fun with the tissue paper techniques that Loll showed in her video but I should have worn gloves. I had as much ink on my fingers as on the tissue. I planned a panel that I hoped would look good as a die cut flower and I'm happy with the result.
In a conversation with Loll, she mentioned using a paper towel that had mopped up leftover ink from her craft sheet to make a background by laying it down on hot press watercolor paper and spraying it. I quickly pulled my paper towel out of the wastebasket and loved the pattern that was on it. I tried the technique with mixed media paper and it didn't come out very bright so I came up with another technique. Introducing "the paper towel background".
Thanks for dropping by. I hope you take time to try a new technique.