Tuesday, September 26, 2017

LIM # 347, Darnells' NBUS #12, AAA #99 and Uniko #43



It's not often I combine challenges for one card but the stars aligned and this card is for four different challenges.  Less Is More #347 (see sketch below), the lovely Darnell's 12th NBUS Challenge which forces encourages us to use our 'never before used schtuff', AAA Cards #99 and Uniko #43.

My second chance Stamp of Approval box arrived a couple of days ago and I was anxious to use these leaves.  I smooshed Distress Inks on some scrap Bristol cs and cut the leaves.  I  love how they looked just floating there on my PTI Rustic Cream card base so I knew I'd pop them up on foam but first they needed a little background. I splattered some Rusty Hinge and Peeled Paint DI, both of which I used on the leaves.  The sentiment from PTI is stamped in DOX Vintage Photo.  I'd been wanting a reddish brown and this fits the bill.

I'm sorry the photo is rather blurry.  I'm trying out a new photo editing program and I don't have the kinks out yet.  I'm not usually one who resists change - unless it's in the technology world.  I'm a word person and all those little icons blow my mind.  I also learn best by reading a manual but nowadays there's no such thing.

Thanks for dropping by.  






17 comments:

Melissa L. said...

This is lovely, Bobby. Beautifully CAS. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

Becca Cruger said...

So chic and effortless! It almost feels like the leaves are in motion and on their way from the treetops, flitting down to the ground. So lovely.

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely CAS card Bobby! I like the color of the leaves and all of the little speckles!

Karen Letchworth said...

I love the leaves, Bobby. The splatter spots are awesome, too. Thanks so much for sharing in the NBUS Challenge. Have a great and creative week!
Karen Letchworth

Jane said...

Super Autumn colours on the leaves and splatters. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards and Uniko.

Beverley said...

CAS perfection! Loving the beautiful Autumnal falling leaves and the soft splatters. Thanks so much for joining in on the fun at Uniko. Hugs Bev x

Anita in France said...

What a gorgeous tumble of autumn leaves, Bobby ... the splatters are perfect ... and add that certain je ne sais quoi to the wonderful sense of movement you created! Hugs, Anita :)

Cheryl said...

Love the blending on your leaves and the background is great! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Susan said...

Such a pretty fall card. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Darnell said...

Oh, my, you have a winner here, Bobby! This checks all the boxes for me! Stunning fall colors!! And I am so glad (and thank you) for playing in my NBUS Challenge #12! I will put my gun away now, haha!! Hugs, Darnell

Trina P. said...

Beautiful autumn card, Bobby. The colours on those leaves are gorgeous. Love the details on them too. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More. Trina :)

Sid said...

Great take on the Challenge !

Izzy Scrap said...

Beautiful card, Bobby ! I love these leaves die cuts and your ink blending on them is gorgeous ! Love also your subtle smooshing background on your cream card base ! Gorgeous ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More and Uniko !

Sazzle Dazzle said...

So classy and elegant Bobby. You've captured the feel and colour of Autumn to perfection whilst combining with our sketch too. Thanks so much for playing along at Uniko and Less is More

Loll said...

Sweet fall card Bobby! Love the colours of your autumn leaves. The splattered background is the perfect compliment to the leaves. xx

LucieGCards said...

Such a beautiful card Bobby! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Rahmat said...

Simply stunning details on the leaves Bobby, love it, thanks for joining us at Uniko.