Sunday, July 15, 2018

The Flower Challenge #22 - Reminder

Have you made a card for The Flower Challenge this month?  There's still time and the Design Team has more inspiration for you over on the blog.  The theme is
There are a couple of definitions of monochrome.  One is black and white, and the other is various shades of the same color.  Like my first card, I decided to use color and this time I went with red.
I stamped and heat embossed the Mondo Sakura from EBE in Altenew Velvet and then colored it with Zigs.  Once it was dry I colored the background with Festive Berries Distress Ink, sprinkled it with water and blotted.  The SSS sentiment was die cut from paper similar in color to the darkest Zig I used for the leaves and stamen.

We hope you'll join us this month.  Remember that flowers have to be the focal point of your card.

10 comments:

Viv said...

It's a fabulous card Bobby! loving the gorgeous shades of red,and so vibrant.The watercolour background finishes it off so nicely too ;) hugs Viv xx

Rachel Vass said...

Love that sentiment and the gorgeous red blooms.

Greta said...

So lovely! The monochromatic red is wonderful!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the deep shade of red on the stamens, leaves and sentiment! This is wonderful Bobby!

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a pretty and elegant card mf...
x Karen

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Bobby, I absolutely love the deep and gorgeous shades of reds on your lovely bouquet and on your fabulous and beautiful water colored background, your sentiment matches the colors on your card perfectly.
Beautiful card.
XO

Anita in France said...

Rich and vibrant, Bobby ... these lovely blooms are so striking! Hugs, Anita :)

Aileen said...

Love this card Bobby, the colour is just wonderful. So glad you went pink its so pretty and love those flowers.

Aileen said...

On second look I can see its red rather than pink, I think the wash had me thinking pink but doesnt matter cause its stunning and thats what matters.

cm said...

Festive Berries: talk about a fabulous colour choice for your pretty blooms! Stunning!
hugs~c