Friday, August 17, 2018

Twofer Card Challenge #8

Things have been hectic around here with travel and being the substitute secretary at the church this week and again on Monday so I'm glad I had a little time today to make cards for the Twofer Challenge. In fact these may be the first cards I've made just for fun in quite a while.

I looked at a number of stamp sets that would work but settled on my WPlus 9 Quilt Prints.
Both cards have the stitched quilt strip stamped repeatedly on white cardstock with Smoke.  On the prayer card I stamped the diamonds in the centers with Altenew Ink and then ran it through a quilted embossing folder.  The double layer sentiment is from SSS cut from Smoke.
On the birthday card I used my NBUS frames from PTI stacked three high from Smoke cs.  The tulips are are from Altenew. 

I'm so glad you dropped by.  I hope your summer is going well. 

8 comments:

Darnell said...

Your cards are all warm and cozy with their touches of soft gray, Bobby! The quilted design, embossing, and coloring are like a warm blanket of hugs on your prayers card! And I love how pretty the quilt prints stamp looks as a background behind your pretty yellow tulips! I'm also loving that NBUS PTI frame ... off for a look! :) Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #8! I'm so glad you found a little time! Hugs, Darnell

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous cards, Bobby! I love how you added color on the first one...it's the perfect background for sending prayers to your recipient! I also love how you framed the pattern on your 2nd card with those beautiful tulips! You did an amazing job on Darnell's challenge :)

Brenda said...

Wow, I am loving both of these twofers! The quilted looking prayers card is so cozy-looks like a nice quilt to cuddle under while going through a tough time. I love the second card too, such a cool looking background and I love those tulips. Hugs, Brenda

Anita in France said...

One of my favourite sets too, Bobby! Your double quilted prayer card has such a wonderfully soft, warm and cosy sense to it ... and what a delicate background the stitched pattern makes for that lovely framed bloom ... the yellow and grey are gorgeous together! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Bonnie said...

Both of these are GORGEOUS, Bobby! Love that quilting and the way you've colored the first card! The gray and white of the second card are a perfect background for these beautiful flowers!

Lisa Elton said...

A pair of wonderful cards Bobby! I'm swooning over the first one, it looks so real and cozy!

Sybrina K said...

What a pretty pair of cards, and I'm absolutely in love with the embossed quilted quilt. WOW!

cm said...

GASP! Beautiful 'quilt' cards, Bobby! Soft and comforting, the first; striking and eye-catching, the second. Love both!
hugs~c