Saturday, January 25, 2020

Just Us Girls #520 - Photo Week

What a lovely photo Vicki has chosen 
for this week's challenge at Just Us Girls.
Butterflies always make a nice card and while I have a few different butterfly stamps I went with the one that looks most like the Monarchs that Michele blooms every year. 
The background is Altenew Spicy Yogurt cardstock stamped with their Wildflower Garden in Sand Dunes ink.  The largest butterfly is from Happy Little Stampers and the smaller two from Catherine Pooler. I colored them with Inktense pencils although the small one was first stamped directly on the card with Maple Yellow.  I added the black outline with my Micro pen.  It seems I'm in need of sympathy cards lately so I chose a sentiment from PTI.

The Design Team would love to see your photo inspired cards in our gallery.  Check them out for inspiration and enter the challenge for a chance to be Chic of the Week and a guest designer.

16 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Bobby these two are just as beautiful as any of those 250 that bloomed on our box last Summer!! You've provided them such lovely 'eats' they'll come back again, and again!
I'm sorry it's needed, but that family will love this thoughtful card!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

What a perfectly lovely sympathy card Bobby. It's so peaceful.

TK said...

Gorgeous and outstanding! Love the beautiful butterflies and that wonderful cs!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful butterflies on the serene background! So uplifting and perfect for a sympathy card!

Loll said...

Gorgeous sympathy card Bobby! Love the soft colour of the card base with the neutral stamped grasses in the background. The butterflies really pop with the bright colours. xx

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful and thoughtful sympathy card, Bobby. TFS Hugs..nancy

Nancy said...

So pretty Bobby! Love the softness of the background too! I am so impressed with Michele and how she does that every year.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so soothing and beautiful! I really like the softness of the stamped background with those gorgeous butterflies.

cm said...

You already know I'm swooning over your gorgeous Monarchs! Such a lovely card with the pretty, soft background...a perfect canvas for your butterflies!
hugs~c

Macimbalo said...

Really gorgeous background and the butterflies - just amazing!

Ina G said...

Oh Bobby I love the colours you chose for those spectacular butterflies. Beautiful soft background stamping. Really love this one.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty! Love those bflies

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your Fantastic monarch butterflies with your stamped images!

Anita in France said...

These delicate monarchs are gorgeous, Bobby ... so pretty against the subtle background! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa Kind said...

I love your Monarch butterfly. I always love seeing them fluttering around and you captured that on this beautiful card!

CĂ©cile Ribon said...

These butterflies look absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and how they pop against the very soft background.