Saturday, January 18, 2020

Twofer #23

It's Happy Blogaversary time for the Twofer Challenge.  It's been two years since Darnell had the wonderful idea of having us make two cards using the same prompt but for two different occasions with two different layouts.  For challenge #23 the prompt is
How appropriate for this time of year when we're all busy making valentines.  But that's only one occasion.  What else can you do?  For me it was an anniversary card.
I hate to tell you all I went through to make this card presentable and that was before the aggravating time trying to photograph both cards.  Let's just say I'm glad I have some hair left.  I knew I wanted to use my new pearl vellum and cut it with a die from The Stamp Market. Then came the problem of gluing them down.  I finally put it onto white cardstock with Stick-It and then cut them out.  You can't see the texture in the background and can barely see that the sentiment from CB was heat embossed in silver.  For all the trouble it caused me it looks rather nice IRL.  And then there is the valentine.
I actually had this idea first and thought of the other card while making this one.  Don't get me wrong.  I still had troubles with this one too.  Glue is not my friend. 😜 The little hearts in the shakers are from a card Darnell sent me ages ago and she was kind enough to include all those little pieces.  I colored them with Zigs and add a few seed beads to keep them moving.  The sentiment is an oldie from My Craft Spot (nlib).  Here they are side by side.
The photos don't do them justice but it's the 4th time I tried, finally resorting to my iPhone.  They'll have to do. 

Thanks for dropping by.  I love it when you do.

15 comments:

Carol L said...

What a cute and clever idea for your Twofer cards! I love the 4 little shakers and the CAS anniversary card! I struggle to make large shaker cards, so I can just imagine the time it took to put 4 little ones on a card, but it's a fun look and a great take on the challenge with both cards!

Bonnie said...

Two very clever ideas, Bobby! Love the WOW with the ribbon threaded through the hearts, but the little shakers made my jaw drop! A perfect way to contain the little goodies that Darnell sent and so fun!

I Card Everyone said...

Two adorable cards, Bobby! LOve the tiny shakers - so stinkin' cahUTE!!!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

I'm sorry you had to pull most of your hair out Bobby, but it was worth it as both cards are great! I love how you threaded the two hearts through the ribbon...SOOOOO clever! And those mini heart shakers are just tooooooo CUTE! My birthday is the day before Valentine's day...does that qualify me for this card?!!! Seriously, two FABULOUS cards my friend!! :0)

Happy Dance said...

Worth all the effort, Bobby. That anniversary card is soft and lovely and I do like the silver sentiment. Elegantly CAS! And mini shakers??!! Never in a million years would I have ever thought to make mini shakers on one card! Plus hearts in hearts... Clever and cute. Love these cards, my friend. Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Bev

Kim Heggins said...

How sweet....Love both of your sweet heart cards.

TK said...

Pictures can be very frustrating for me as well, fortunate for you that the cards are just adorable! I'm glad you still have hair!

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cute cards, love the way you changed them up.
xx Karen

Kara Lynne said...

These are wonderful, Bobby! I know how frustrating those photos can be, especially when you want to show the full impact of the shine, shimmer, or sparkle. We can "see" it though, because we know it's there! This is a great twofer with two very different and beautiful designs, and of course two great heart focused occasions! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

Two terrific cards, love the tiny shakers!!

Jane Willis said...

So often the simplest looking cards are the hardest to make because there's nowhere to hide, everything has to be perfect. And that's what you've got here - perfection! So they are well worth the effort. Oh, and aren't cards with a lot of white on the absolute pits to get decent photos of? Glad you got there in the end.
Jane
Guest Designer at Twofer Card Challenge

Darnell said...

Oooh, no! I'm sorry you went through a lot to produce these two awesome designs, Bobby! I really appreciate it! What you did with the vellum is something I've done, too. There's just no other way to make it work, but up close and personal, it still has the soft look of naked vellum. The whole design of the entwined hearts is romantic and elegant and I love it! As far as your shakers go, I'm bowing down to you! I can't imagine making four little heart shakers like this. It is incredibly cute and someone is going to have a super interactive time with this card!

When you mentioned what you filled them with, it took me a second, and then I remembered when I did that!! I'm really getting a kick out of the fact that you saved them and now you've paid it forward in a dynamic and fun way! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer's 2nd Blogaversary challenge! Hugs, Darnell

Barb Ghig said...

Super sweet cards, Bobby! I love all the patterns you chose for the shakers...worth all the effort you put into both cards, my friend :)

Vicky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anita in France said...

I'll say they'll more than do, Bobby! I see the pearliness of the vellum, the sheen of the ribbon, the silver embossing on the sentiment ... and an all round CAS, elegant anniversary card! The shaker Saint Valentine's Day card is so fun ... bright, vibrant, pink-ly colourful ... and deliciously interactive! So worth all the hard work! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)