Monday, September 26, 2022

Color Hues #49

Color Hues has another challenge and this time it's Yellow and Brown


I really layered this one up. ;)   I started with the PTI sunflower embossed in gold and colored with Distress Inks.  It's a small panel so once it was layered on white it needed more substance.  I only had a small piece of yellow so added the other white layer and put it all on the dark brown.  The sentiment from SSS was stamped in brown and cut with an MFT circle die.  A quadruple matted work of art.  lol

I'm so glad you dropped by.  I hope you'll leave a comment to let me know you were here.




If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

11 comments:

Karen said...

This sunflower really shines with your card design. The coloring is beautiful, and all those layers added up to just the right framing for the sunflower! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Julie B said...

Your sunflower looks fab layered up to give it impact. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues. :)

Marcia Hill said...

This is GORGEOUS Bobby and I love how you made it look like it's an actual picture that's been framed with all the layers! This is another stamp that I have that I'd forgotten all about until seeing yours...I really am a stampaholic!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

One of my favorites from PTI, Bobby! Perfect for these colors but you've added to that perfection by matting it the way you have!
=]

I Card Everyone said...

btw this is another post that I did not receive by email? hmmm...

Nancy said...

Oh, Bobby! This is really beautiful! I love the way you framed the sunflower as it looks like a photo! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues! Hugs!

nancy littrell said...

OMG Bobby...your dry embossed and watercolored sunflower really stand out. Loved your yellow, brown and white framing. So Gorgeous. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

TK said...

Beautiful! LOVING all these sunflowers lately -- must be those certain color

Tracey McNeely said...

Well can you say gorgeous? This is just stunning my friend! I love your technique and the way you framed the sunflower!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Bonnie said...

Definitely a work of art, Bobby! I think you have a winner here!

Hannelie said...

The layers are so effective to show off this sunny sunflower! Thanks for playing with us at Color Hues Bobby!