Saturday, September 10, 2022

Just Us Girls #649 - Trend Week

Carol Mayne is the host for Trend Week at Just Us Girls and this is what she chose:


This should be an easy one.  All you have to do is repeat an image or sentiment a few times and it's done.  I chose a NBUS die cut that I got on sale from MFT.


I smooshed some Distress Inks to get the look of Superman ice cream.  My colors aren't quite as bright as the real thing.  For some reason my sons used to ask for this flavor when they were young.  I'm not sure what flavor it actually is.  lol

I lightly inked the cones, added Glossy Accents and a sentiment from another MFT set. 

The rest of the Design Team and our guest Julie Beech have some cards featuring repetition for you to see on the blog.  Take a look and then make a card for the gallery.  You have a chance of being a future guest designer. 





If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

11 comments:

Bonnie said...

You did a fantastic job on your Superman ice cream cones, Bobby! They make me want to go visit an ice cream shop!

ElizStewart said...

Yummy!!!

Marcia Hill said...

Our 3 girls used to LOVE the Superman Ice cream too Bobby...must be kid thing! Really CUTE card though and I wouldn't mind 3 ice cream cones right now...like butter pecan, salted sea caramel, and cherry choc. chip! Hugs. :0)

Vicki Dutcher said...

How fun are these cones! Well done

Lisa Elton said...

I'll take three scoops of any day, Bobby - make mine chocolate! This is cute!

Julie B said...

Not come across superman ice cream before but a fun reminder of your boys childhood! :)

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your Superman ice cream cones! Love the added gloss to the ice cream and the inking on the cones. This was one of my son's favorite flavors, too!

I Card Everyone said...

Bobby, it was a favorite with my kids, too - for whatever reason they wouldn't eat different food that was touching, but ice cream was okay! ha!
You've recreated that Superman beautifully for your repeated cones!
=]

Nancy said...

Love Superman ice cream! Awesome card! I want a cone right now!!! I am an ice cream nut!!

cm said...

The only thing better than one ice cream cone is three! And especially in Superman flavour! Fabulous inspiration for this challenge! Now craving ice cream....
hugs~c

Ina G said...

Such yummy ice creams Bobby. Super soft colours and just as nice as the superman colours. Love your cones - so detailed.