Friday, September 9, 2022

Festive Friday #117

I made a card for a new-to-me challenge.  Festive Friday.  At least I don't think I've ever made a card for them.  If I did it was a long time ago.  My friend Nancy entered a card and it intrigued me so I went looking and loved the Inspo List.   

For my card I chose red, flower and thinking of you sentiment, although I also have die cut and heat embossing. 


My poppy is from HoneyBee, cut in white and colored with Distress Inks.  I happened to have the hemstitched oval in my B&P box so I popped it up with several ovals cut from an MFT die on red cardstock.  The sentiment is from The Ton.    One thing about 'thinking of you' cards is they can be used for any occasion. 

Thanks for dropping by.  





If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I agree, Bobby, about the 'thinking of you' sentiment. Poppies signify remembrance to me, so it seems perfect that they are together on your beautiful card!
=]

Judy Woodland said...

I absolutely LOVE this, Bobby. It's just stunning in it's simplicity. I have the hemstitched circles and I really like them. That red poppy is colored perfectly and totally matches the card base. Really gorgeous!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a wonderful way to let someone know you're thinking of them! This is pretty, Bobby!

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful poppy, Bobby! I think they are my favorite flower! I love how it looks on the white hemstitch oval!

TK said...

What a stunning way to showcase that beautiful poppy! Love all that red and details

Beth McCullough said...

Love the water coloring on the flower and stem! So pretty! Thanks for joining us on Festive Friday Challenge. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pairing of those gorgeous poppies and that sentiment. They are a combo that just works so beautifully together. Love the die-cut ovals, too. It compliments your focal image perfectly. So glad you joined us at Festive Friday this week
jaydee