Thursday, March 2, 2023

Time Out #233

This week at Time Out we challenge you to be Elegant.

I struggled with my card.  Not because I can't do elegant but because according to Murphy's Law everything than can go wrong will.  I won't bore you with the details. Let's just say I kept going and ended up with a not too shabby card.  


Altenew is our sponsor for this challenge and I used their Garden Rose Craft-a-Flower dies. This is actually my second attempt at purple flowers. I didn't like where the petals were supposed to go so on this version I moved the smaller pieces. Everything was cut from medium purple and inked in the center with Villianous Poison Distress Ink.  To add that touch of elegance, the edges were touched with TH Foundry Wax in gold. The leaves from Altenew's Cosmos CAF were cut from a matte gold.  I thought it needed more so I used some Distress Spray in Tarnished Brass to splatter by removing the plugged nozzle and flicking it on with a brush. The spray ended up looking more white on the flowers but what could I do?

What does the word Elegant mean to you?  The Design Team has plenty of inspiration for you. We hope you'll join us for this challenge.





If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

11 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Glad you persevered Bobby...this card is so elegant and just absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Love it!! Hugs. :0)

Judy Woodland said...

This is just stunning, Bobby. That color is GORGEOUS, and the gold accents really make the whole thing pop. I really like the spatters, it totally finishes off the card.

I Card Everyone said...

Stunning card! There was nothing you could have done differently to make this gorgeous card more elegant, Bobby! Purple is such an elegant and regal color - perfect for this challenge!
=]

Bonnie said...

This looks very elegant to me, Bobby! The deep, rich purple with the gold edges make these flowers very elegant and so does the gold die cut leaves! The splatter looks perfect to me.

Lisa Elton said...

I don't know where you started, but I like where you ended up! This is elegant and lovely, Bobby. I need to look at the Foundry Wax, it adds a nice finishing touch!

TK said...

Elegant, royal and GORGEOUS, Bobby! I'm not sure where your problems were because the final rsult is fantastic

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is so gorgeous, Bobby. Whatever went wrong, I sure can't tell. I love the gold, and the spatters look wonderful on the petals.

Kate said...

Gorgeous Bobby and so elegant! Love the gold splatters!

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!! I love the splashes of gold and the rich purple paper you used for the flowers. Such a beautiful card.

Nonni said...

The color scheme of this card is royal! Or is regal the right word? Anyway -love it! The splatters look wonderful and I love the gold edges in the flower petals. xx

Deepti Aggarwal said...

I really love the color you chose along with Gold Bobby.. Simply Gorgeous.. Hugsxx