Wednesday, April 19, 2023

The Card Concept #193a

After reading the definitions of the acceptable card styles on The Card Concept I wasn't quite sure where my card fits, if at all.  It's either clean and layered, although I have no white space, or Freestyle Collage? Anyway I love this baby card that I created for my husband's grandson and his wife who are expecting a little one this summer.

That fox from HoneyBee's Heart Hugs is so cute I couldn't resist using him on my card.  He's cut from white and inked with Altenew Dusty Rose.  The background is a stencil from Winnie and Walter that was turned 90 degrees after the first inking to make a plaid.  The sentiment was stamped on Soft Stone that was cut with a Waffle Flower dome and then embossed with a quilt folder.

I'm so glad you dropped by.  Have a wonderful day!





If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

10 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Bobby this is tres cute!!

I Card Everyone said...

The quilt-look embossing is perfect for a card from you, Grandma! There isn't anything I don't love about your darling card - that diagonal plaid, and sweet little fox are so adorable!
=]

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, Bobby! Love this sweet fox! How exciting to have a new baby on the way! I never could figure out what category my cards fit in so I just gave up thinking about it.

Lisa Elton said...

This little fox is as sweet as can be and looks right at home on that wonderful quilted die cut! This is one cute card, Bobby! Congrats on the soon to be new addition to your family!

TK said...

Really cute, and a great baby card! The fox is so handsome

My Paper Epiphany said...

Oh this is so beautiful and sweet! So glad you were inspired by our New Arrival Photo. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept:)

Marcia Hill said...

ADORABLE!!!! Don't you just LOVE that die set?! Sure is one of my favorites!! Sweet, sweet card Bobby!! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

LOVE the multiple colours for your background plaid ... so creative and fun. The fox IS adorable! Great card! xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Bobby. This is super cute, and I can clearly see how the photo inspired your creativity. Thanks so much for sharing this sweet card with us at The Card Concept. We enjoy having you play along and hope that you will join us again soon. Have a wonderful week.
Karen L, DT

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, what a cute card! Love your stenciled background and. of course, that sweet fox! So thrilled that you joined us at The Card Concept! We hope you can play along with us again soon :-)