Thursday, May 4, 2023

The Card Concept #194 and NBUS #50

I was honored with a win at The Card Concept with this card.  I always try to play in the next challenge when I have a win or honorable mention so I have a clean and layered card for challenge #194 "Spring Bouquet".


I recently got the bird's next from Honey Bee Stamps and when I saw the nest in the challenge photo I knew it was time to use it.  It was cut from dark brown and kraft and splattered with Distress Spray and white gouache.  The little eggs were colored with what else but Speckled Egg DI.  The dogwood is also from Honey Bee, colored with a combination of Zigs and Spun Suger DI.  It's all on Soft Stone that has been embossed with a fabric folder. 

The nest is new so I'm sending my card to NBUS

Thanks for dropping by.  I love reading your comments.








If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

11 comments:

HilaryJane said...

This is so pretty. I am intrigued by your background, it almost looks like a paste that has been put on using a spatula, but I see it is an embossing folder. What a lovely effect. Concrats on your win xx

I Card Everyone said...

I couldn't help but giggle after reading Hilary's comment - we've made that background everything from frosting to snow drifts, haven't we Bobby??
A darling little nest and I'm on the waiting list for those Dogwoods!
=]

Judy Woodland said...

Wow, this is just spectacular!! That embossing folder is fascinating, really packs a punch. And I love your little nest, going to turn into a sweet little family. Wonderful design here, I love everything about it.

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet little nest to accompany that pretty dogwood branch! Charming card, Bobby!

Lori m said...

Beautiful, great spring, anytime diecuts, hugs, Lori m

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your card is so sweet and pretty! I love the bird nest and eggs!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept challenge!
Hugs! Mackie

Darnell said...

Congrats on your well-deserved win, Bobby! Your nest and pretty Dogwood blossoms make such a great spring card and I love the added texture of the embossing and how you splattered the nest! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

A perfect way to welcome spring, Bobby! Love the dogwood branch and the nest with eggs in it. We'll be seeing fledglings soon!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Oh I love the combination of the nest and blossom! Stunning card! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept:)

TK said...

Very sweet -- love the birds nest, and a perfect outing for it!

Nancy Penir said...

Hi Bobby! I love this card! The nest, the EF, the sweet flowers, and all the elements of the CC's photo inspiration! Lovely! Thanks for playing along!