Sunday, September 3, 2023

Can You Handle the Pressure? Poppies

With all the embossing folders I have it only makes sense to make a card for Can You Handle the Pressure?  This challenge has a twist of Poppies and that's what I did. Sort of.  

I say sort of because I'm not sure if these are actually poppies.  They are from Altenew and called Sunny Flowers.  Other crafters have said they look like poppies.  They are colored with Zigs, die cut and run through the coordinating embossing folder.  It's difficult to see that the flowers are embossed in the photo so I'm showing that I also embossed the background before I placed them on my card. 


I'm getting back in the swing of cardmaking so I hope to be posting a lot more.  Things are winding down at the lake.  We had a Labor Day potluck last night for the cottages on our road and the next road over followed by a corn hole tournament.  This weekend will be the last time most of the people will be around so it was a good send-off.  




If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Very pretty and very Poppy-like, Bobby! Hard to believe our summer is nearly over when it seems it's just begun to be perfect weather!
=]

Judy Woodland said...

So pretty, and I think it's a great take on the challenge. You colored that EF beautifully, not an easy feat sometimes. Thanks for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure!!

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous poppies, Bobby! I love texture on colored die cuts! For some reason I thought you had left the lake. Enjoy the rest of your time there.

Lisa Elton said...

They look like poppies to me, fancy ones! Pretty card, Bobby. Drink in your last drops of summer at the lake and enjoy it!

Loll said...

Beautiful colouring of your poppies, Bobby! How cool to have the matching embossing folder ... it adds so much depth and texture. xx

TK said...

Poppies it it, and gorgeous ones at that! Love your coloring and the texture from the e/f. Enjoy your time with friends!