Thursday, January 4, 2024

Time Out #254 -

Welcome to the first Time Out Challenge of 2024.  It's a new year and that is exactly what our theme is.


I must admit it took me a while to figure out what to do.  Then I put the word 'new' into my Evernote and what came up was perfect.  I also have to admit that I have neglected keeping up with putting things in Evernote.  Once I got behind I never made it a priority again but now that I've seen how helpful it can be, I will strive to keep inputting my stamps.  But you came here for a card.


This bird stamp, including the sentiment, is from WPlus9 and I chose to make him a goldfinch with my Zigs. While I love CAS cards, it looked a little bare to me so I made an oval frame from an MFT die and green paper that matched the leaves.  It was my last piece of the paper and I wish I knew whose it was because I really love the color.  I have all my cardstock swatched but this one wasn't on there.

Our sponsor for this challenge is GinaK Designs and she is offering a $25 store to the winner so get making those cards inspired by the word "New". 








If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

13 comments:

Nonni said...

Such a pretty CAS card, Bobby! I love the color of that card too and the sentiment sure is perfect. I should begin with that Evernote... I haven't done it yet. It would be just perfect for finding sentiments!! xx

Quillish said...

That Green frame looks beautiful against the bright yellow of the Goldfinch! Hope someone can help you identify this color cardstock, Bobby. Great CAS card and amazing coloring too <3

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous card and perfect for the theme! This stamp mis an old favourite:)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a gorgeous bird image and you were 100% right to add that frame. Beautiful card. Happy New Year!

I Card Everyone said...

Bobby, I believe he was meant to be a Goldfinch all along - how beautiful you've colored him and so deserving of this wonderful frame - maybe it's one of those gorgeous greens we picked up at the GinaK store?
=]

Judy Woodland said...

What an absolutely adorable little card. That goldfinch just could not be any sweet, I LOVE it!!!

Anonymous said...

Your little Goldfinch is so beautiful and the green frame is just perfect Bobby. A wonderful card. Hope you can find more of this green.

Kate said...

Love your framed finch Bobby - such a sweet expression on his face and your colouring is amazing and yes the frame was a great idea! And what a perfect sentiment - Evernote is such a boon!
Hugs, Kate!

Bonnie said...

I've always loved this bird and he worked perfectly for a goldfinch! That is a pretty shade of green.

TK said...

Beautiful "new" card! What a wonderful bird, and your sentiment is perfect for the challenge. Now... must figure out what Evernote it...

Loll said...

Beautiful bird on a branch, Bobby. Great watercolouring. The deep green oval frame is perfect. xx

Greta said...

Beautifully colored gold finch & love how you used the green paper with the die cut oval to frame the image! So excited to have joined you on the Time Out DT!

Nancy said...

The colour is perfect to remind me of the warmer weather to come!