Thursday, July 4, 2024

Just Us Girls #734 - Color Week

Stephanie is the host for Color Week at Just Us Girls and these are the colors she has chosen.


I went a totally different way than you would expect with these colors.


The yellow said lemon to me so I got out my Lawn Fawn set and made a bunch of them.  The background is Watercolor Stripes coverplate from Altenew cut in coral cardstock.  I cut one of the stripes in white so that I could stamp the sentiment from Trinity Stamps and inset it in the space.  

I said I made a bunch of lemons so here is the other card I made with them. I must admit I made this first but then realized I couldn't use the green for the challenge. 


I ink blended a background with Squeezed Lemonade and Abandoned Coral and arranged the lemons across it, including some leaves and a flower.  Same lemons but these look brighter than the first card.  It's all a matter of photography. 

What do you think of when you hear coral and yellow?  We'd love to see what you come up with using our colors.  For inspiration please check out the Design Team and our guest Cat Craig. 

In case you haven't noticed, we've extended our timeline, moving the challenge deadline to Wednesday at 6:00 pm.  The Winner of the Week will be posted at 7:00 am the next day, one hour before the challenge goes live.  







If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

9 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

I just love this. That lemon die set is spectacular, and your take on the challenge is too. Absolutely lovely!

ElizStewart said...

Bobby... fun cards! love that sentiment...zest wishes... makes me smile. Have a great 4th!

Carol said...

I love both of your cards so much! I am a lemon fan and the coral goes so well with the yellow! It would be hard to pick a favorite between these two cards!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love that lemon die cut very cute! Love the stripes too. Your second blended background card is beautiful

Lisa Elton said...

I've always liked this sweet die set by LF and I like the way you've used it! Two terrific cards, Bobby. Happy 4th!

TK said...

Fantastic and sweet! Love the colors and lemons were perfect for them -- both are wonderful

Bonnie said...

The refreshing looking lemons are perfect with the heat of the coral, Bobby! What a great way to use these colors!

cm said...

A duo of delightful lemon and coral cards, Bobby! Your ink blending on the second is absolutely seamless! Love these!
hugs~c

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Both cards are so fresh and fun! Those lemons are fabulous paired with both of those backgrounds. Such a great use of this week's colors.