Thursday, August 15, 2024

Just Us Girls #740 - Mood Board Challenge

I love the mood board Lisa picked for us at Just Us Girls.

Daisies are my favorite flower so I had to have them on my card.


I used the blackout technique on Altenew's Daisies embossing folder by inking the flowers on the debossed side and running a black ink pad over the entire panel to color the raised areas.   EZPS and so dramatic.  The sentiment is from Honey Bee from their Hooked on You set. 

If you need inspiration beyond the mood board, please check out the Design Team's cards and the one by our guest Bonnie Klass.  They have some fabulous ones for you to see.  And I hope we see you in the gallery.









If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

13 comments:

cm said...

Dramatic and gorgeous, Bobby! What a fabulous way to showcase your pretty daisies. I've not tried the blackout technique yet...one of these days, perhaps...
hugs~c

I Card Everyone said...

Hey, I was just using that technique for a Christmas card, Bobby - great minds?
Such a darling dollop of daisies!
=]

Judy Woodland said...

Oh wow, this is stunning. I haven't done that technique yet, and it's so striking. I want to try it, you have NAILED it here.

Marcia Hill said...

What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL and eye popping card Bobby...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

Ohhhh love these sweet daisies, and your black-out method showcases them perfectly!

ElizStewart said...

Bobby...nice technique! The black background really makes your favorite flower pop!

Claire said...

This looks amazing Bobby, I'd never have know you'd done that technique. Might have to try that one. It's very striking and those daisies absolutely pop against the black!

Bonnie said...

Yep. I definitely need to try this technique. It really makes these daisies stand out beautifully!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I love this technique - you did a fabulous job with that black!

Loll said...

Your daisies really pop with the black background. Gorgeous card Bobby! xx

Carol said...

What a great result you got with the ink to embossing folder technique! I make a mess of it when I try. This card is eye-catching and fun!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is so gorgeous. I have yet to try this. Great result with this technique.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

You definitely nailed that technique with this gorgeous daisy card! Those flowers are so pretty and paired with the perfect sentiment since I think daisies remind me of pretty sunshiny days.