Tuesday, October 15, 2024

The Flower Challenge #96

There's still time for you to make a card for the stencil challenge at The Flower Challenge.

I was filing away the cards I had with me at the lake back into my regular boxes and saw one made with Altenew's Dancing Sunflowers.  I had forgotten about that set and was anxious to use it for this challenge.


I'm not very fond of the second and third layers of floral stencils, preferring to shade them myself on the first layer like I did here using Distress Inks in Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey and just a touch of Aged Mahogany.  The center is Brushed Corduroy which is also what I used to stamp the image and the leaves are Peeled Paint and Forest Moss.   After die cutting, the sunflower was layered onto a panel of Warm Cocoa from GinaK, embossed with the Tasteful Texture folder from SU.

There are more cards from the Design Team over on the blog.  We hope they inspire you to make a stenciled card featuring flowers for our challenge. 






If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

Wow, what a gorgeous sunflower. Love all your shading with the different inks. It looks great on that brown textured background. Thanks for sharing this lovely card.