Friday, December 9, 2016

The Card Concept #63

I recently got this PB stamp that I thought was perfect for the challenge at The Card Concept.

Jill Foster has some terrific videos over at Penny Black and I tried to emulate her in stamping the cones and berries.  It's easy to do with the MISTI but I did find I may need to invest in some different markers.  I tried it first with some old Marvy Markers and the image was okay but I lacked enough colors to do much shading.  For this card I used my Zigs, coloring on the stamp and spritzing the first time, then coloring and stamping again and again until I had what I wanted.  I cut some squares of woodgrain pp and mounted the Memory Box letters after inking around the edges. At the last minute I decided to add some spatters.  Here's their photo.  I think you can see what inspired me.
I have a few other new stamps that I'm anxious to try out.  If the weather forecast holds true, I may be hibernating and crafting my little heart out.


ETA:  I keep forgetting about Kylie's 12 Days of Christmas.  I'm going to send my card over there too.

12 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is incredible Bobby ~ WOW!! In fact, it's my new favorite from you!! Perfect interpretation and perfect design!!

Kylie said...

That pinecone and berry image is amazing! I love it. Gorgeous card, my friend. Thanks so much for playing along in my 12 Days of Christmas Cards challenge xx

cm said...

You've created a magical card with your pine cone and berry image! Sooooo pretty! I'm staying inside, too....minus 30C is today's forecast high! Brrrr!
Hugs~c

Estelle TBT said...

Such a beautiful winter card!
Love that pine cone and berry image. Great work!
Fabulous take on the inspiration photo.

Anita in France said...

Wow, so striking, Bobby ... and beautiful ... what fantastic depth you've created with the layered stamping! Hibernating and crafting sounds fun ... stay warm! Hugs, Anita :)

Bonnie said...

I love the rustic look!

TK said...

Beautiful! I'm with Bonnie, the rustic vibe on this is fantastic!

Rahmat said...

Stunning work, I love it, thanks for joining us card concept.

maria f. said...

Um WOW! Winner, winner chicken dinner I'd say. This is gorgeous, Bobby. Happy holidays!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, how beautiful! Love that snowy pinecone. So glad you could join us at The Card Concept!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Absolutely gorgeous! So glad you joined us at the Card Concept!!!!!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

I think it is perfect! Great job with the colouring!