Monday, March 27, 2023

52 Christmas Card Throwdown Week 12

I really admire people who can do mixed media.  I love to see it but I don't do well creating it. Unfortunately I had to jump right in and do it if I wanted to continue my 52 weeks of cards for the Christmas Card Throwdown.  That's the technique they want for this week. 

It all started with a holly stencil, Distress Ink and TH Crackle Paint.  I should have used a darker green because we all know DI's react with water, or in this case paste, so it lightened up a bit.  Next the entire panel was covered with Gathered Twigs.  The Handlettered Holiday Background from SSS and a Crackle Paint stamp from SU were added.  Another stencil was used for the pinecones and branches in the upper corners.  The holly die cut is from Penny Black and colored with Altenew artist markers.  It almost looks too pristine to go on this rather rustic card that has the edges shredded with an ancient TH tool and inked with Ground Expresso. The PTI sentiment banner was inked the same way.
I'm so glad you dropped by.  How are your Christmas cards coming along?





If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Hey! I think you did really well mixing it up, Bobby! How am I doing? One down, many to go!
=]

Sandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! If I tried to do everything you did on your creation, I would end up with one holy mess!!! And that is no joke.
Sandy xx

Bonnie said...

I think you did a fantastic mixed media card, Bobby! Love the vintage look and the different media used for the holly! I'm making some progress on Christmas cards but not as many as I'd hoped.

Lisa Elton said...

You need to try your hand at this more often, Bobby because this turned out GREAT!

TK said...

Wow, gorgeous card - I love the "rustic" look, and all the different techniques worked so well together! Very pretty, I'm pretty sure you pulled off this challenge!

Erika Jerlah said...

Beautiful card. Greetings, Erika

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful mixed media Christmas card, thanks for playing at 52CCT challenge

Rosmarie said...

Don't worry Bobby, I have my difficulties with mixed media too, although I do use it from time to time. You made an amazing card! Adding crackle paste gives the leaves a really nice texture. I also like the font in the background. It goes very well with the beautiful holly. Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x

Goga said...

Beautiful mixed media Christmas card, thank you for joining us at 52CCT. Goga

Valentina B said...

This is absolutely gorgeous mixed media! Love, love, love it! This old and rustic look is perfect! Well I'm also not a mixed media crafter but you did an outstanding work on your card! Well done! Thank you so much playing with us at 52CCT.