Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Peace on Earth Christmas #36

I hope you're not getting tired of seeing Christmas cards.  I don't want to get behind so I'm making them all year. Today's card is for the Peace on Earth Christmas challenge.  


My friend Marcia used the fox from the Heart Hugs set from HoneyBee and it was so darling I had to have it.  It also comes with a hedgehog and this darling bear.  I cut him from Bristol and his eyes and nose from black before adding some color with Zigs.   There are slits for his hands to hold a heart but I made him a Christmas present instead, cutting a rectangle from some blue metallic paper and adding a white glitter bow cut from a WaffleFlower die. The same glitter cs was used for the top layer of the Merry die cut from PTI.  The DSP is from a paper pack in my stash. 

I had no intention of making a Christmas card with the bear when I bought the set but just look at the cutie in the moodboard.

See any resemblance.? I've been trying not to be too literal with my cards but this time I couldn't help it.



If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 


7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I just brought out my Sugar Pea bear, Bobby - no need to stamp him as yours is as cute as any Christmas bear could be! [note to self: this is the set you forgot to cut!]
=]

Diane said...

He is a super cute bear and love his perfect background too, what a cute cute card!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Stencil Fun}

Lisa Elton said...

What a cutie patootie bear! Darling card, Bobby!

TK said...

Definitely adorable! He's handsome, and taking him literal is a GREAT thing!

Marcia Hill said...

So glad you're having fun with this set of dies Bobby...I couldn't help but fall in love when I first saw it too!! And thanks for the inspiration for the bear (or fox or hedgehog) to hold more than the heart that comes with the set...I love the bear holding the present!! Wonderful DSP for your background too! Sweet, sweet card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

You nailed this challenge, Bobby! Love that bear with his present and he shows so well with that fabulous background paper!

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Beautiful creation thank you for joining in over at POEC this time. Do join in again we would love to see you there Elaine DT x