Tuesday, September 24, 2013

CTS #46 and Curtain Call



Hey all!

I love sunflowers, don't you?  You can't help but smile when you see their sunny faces.  This week, Curtain Call has Sunflower Surprise as their challenge.  This is a new challenge for me but after seeing other bloggie friends cards,  I just HAD to make a sunflower and enter.


I thought the sketch at CASE this Sketch would be a perfect layout for my card.



I knew there was a large sunflower on the Stretch Your Imagination Cricut cartridge so I started there.  Now what would work as a background?  It couldn't be too busy or too dark so the flower would really stand out.  I had this Core-dinations cardstock in my stash with a golden back.  I ran it through my Cuttlebug with the Distress Stripes embossing folder and then sanded it.  I think it rather looks like a fence.  The little tag and sentiment are from My Craft Spot, accented with a jute bow.  It says "happy" to me.  What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by and may the sunflowers be smiling at YOU.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Amazing texture on this card Bobby! I love that beautiful sunflower.

mamawcindy said...

Love your pretty Sun Flower Card! :0)
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

Stacey Schafer said...

how pretty! thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!

Kelly Griglione said...

I do think it says "happy" : ) Smart to keep a subtle background. Love your sunflower!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous! I love your background!
Thanks so much for playing with CAS(E) this Sketch!

Jessica Kephart | A Homespun Affair said...

This is so simple but soooo stunning! I love the texture!! Thank you so much for playing along with us st the Curtain Call Challenge!!

xoxoxox

Jessica Kephart