Friday, April 10, 2015

The Card Concept #32

This card is another example of practice, practice, practice. Or of "Never give up".


It was the flowers that gave me a hard time, trying to position them, extending the stems, and most of all, keeping the red off the stems.  I ended up doing surgery (gasp) and cutting the stem away from the flower and stamping separately.  The stamps are from Clearly Besotted but there wasn't a little leaf so I took one from WPlus9's Fresh Cut Floral.  Isn't is nice how well stamps play together?  I used the new Distress Inks Abandoned Coral and Cracked Pistachio along with Shabby Shutters so I could enter this into The Card Concepts color challenge.


I got it all colored and to my horror found a red smear along the side of the full panel.  What to do, what to do?!  I trimmed off the offending blotch but thought the remaining panel was a little small and lost, so I watercolored some paper with Pistachio to match the jar and ran it along both sides. I wish I had made them a little narrower but it still gave me room for a sideways sentiment from SSS. Now that I have the steps down, I'm definitely going to do another one - making sure my hands and work surface are clean this time.  ;)

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day!



11 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh keep practicing Bobby because this is just stunning! LOVE your pretty flowers in the jar. Thank you for sharing with us at the Card Concept!

Jacee said...

Lovely card Bobby
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous card, Bobby! The jar is perfectly colored and the flowers are striking. Definitely been there with stray bits of inking ending up where they shouldn't be :)

Cat Craig said...

Bobby, you have really put together a beautiful card. Your colors look so nice together and I love the panels repeating that gorgeous new color.

Anita in France said...

So serene and pretty, Bobby ... fabulous colouring! Your blotch recovery is brilliant ... love those co-ordinating edges to the flower panel! Anita :)

cm said...

Your practice has paid off, Bobby, with the result being a most lovely, eye-catching card! I think the 'design innovation' that came about because of those little mistakes (story of my crafting...ink blobs and smudges where they are so not needed!) were 'meant to be'. The panels really draw our eye to your sweet jar of oh-so-pretty flowers! Gorgeous!
hugs~c

Sandy said...

Beautifully done!
Sandy

Happy Dance said...

Nailed it Bobby!!! This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the colors and your coloring is amazing! From the tops of those pretty flowers all the way down to the shadow. Brilliant! LOVE this card!!!! Bev

Nancy said...

You nailed it for sure as some of the others have said! STUNNING card! I think this may be a winner...if not it should be!

Joyce said...

Practice certainly does make perfect. This is a beautiful card, and I love how you turned some of your boo boo's into design elements.

Debbie Bonczek said...

Love the jar . . . love the flowers . . . love the sentiment. Beautiful card.