Thursday, June 30, 2016

Colour Q #348 and Inkspirational #111

I don't often do color challenges because I usually find them difficult but I decided it was time to challenge myself.  Colour Q is the perfect place to start and their colors for the latest challenge intrigued me.  


I love that bathing suit and the big orange flowers which inspired this.

I brought out Altenew to play and watercolored the images with Distress Inks.  For the striped border I used a SSS stencil and Chipped Sapphire.   I masked the largest flower to stamp the leaves and smaller flowers, which makes my card eligible for the Inkspirational challenge.

Thanks for dropping by.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the peek of diagonal stripes and beautiful floral bouquet! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Joyce said...

Lovely arrangement of flowers, Bobby, and colored so very perfectly. So glad you decided to give our color challenge a try, and I hope you will play again soon. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ this week.

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card...just love your wonderful floral arrangement and they look so beautiful in this week's colors, simply lovely card. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ!

Mimi said...

Great job with the color challenge! And expert job masking-- I assumed the stamp came in one piece! Bravo!

Anita in France said...

Striking and beautiful, Bobby ... goodness, the dimension in that bloom is fantastic! Hugs, Anita :)