Saturday, October 14, 2017

Merry Monday #260

Merry Monday has a sketch for this week challenge.
I just happened to have a panel that would work beautifully for the top layer of the sketch.

Last week Karen (Snippets) did a wonderful poinsettia card using Gelatos. You can see her card here.  I immediately had to try her technique using the few Gelatos that I got in a close-out kit a while back.  I placed the stamp from PB in my MISTI, rubbed the Gelatos onto the stamp, spritzed it with water before stamping, repeating the process until I was satisfied and then clear embossed it. I mixed some Inca Gold with water for the splatters.  The bottom panel and the sentiment are from glitter paper.  You can see all the shimmer better below.

Thanks for dropping by.  It makes me happy when you do.

8 comments:

Anita in France said...

Beautiful, Bobby ... just beautiful ... a gorgeous bloom and fantastic shimmer and shine! Hugs, Anita :)

Monika Reeck said...

Oh love the Gelatos on your card Bobby and clear embossing looks adorable that looks shiny your card, gorgeous made
I visit today to look your ATSM Holiday card but I did not found the post so I visit your first post Bobby..
Adorable card as I see here
hugs and happy Sunday
Monika

JoAnn said...

Pretty card. Love the green shimmer underneath the pretty poinsettias. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

Marcia Hill said...

This is GORGEOUS Bobby! I love that PB image and never thought of using gelatos directly to the stamp...will need to dig this stamp out and try it! Love the clear embossing and gold splatters on top too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday! :0)

Ina G said...

After seeing this stunning card (and Karen's) I need to get my gelatos out and try that technique out. What a stunning result you got Bobby. Beautiful stamp and great touch with the gorgeous shimmery paper.

Lisa Elton said...

This is pretty Bobby! I like the artsy watercolored look!

cm said...

Talk about getting fabulous results with gelatos! Artsy awesome!
Hugs~c

Loll said...

So pretty!! Great work with the gelatos. Your poinsettias are so beautiful and I love the design with the green glitter paper peaking out. The inka gold splatters add even more sparkle. Great work Bobby!! xx