Saturday, February 3, 2018

Addicted to CAS #129

Susan is our host at Addicted to CAS and she's picked a color for our challenge.
I wanted to play with my alcohol inks and used them to make this card.
The bottle calls it 'Patina' but I'm calling it teal.  I mixed in some silver and pounced with a blender pad which gave my panel a marble-y look.  The leaf is from PB and the silver embossed sentiment is from HA.

I wanted the teal border to be just a tiny peek and cut my first panel too small so I used it to make a second card.
This time I backed it with a panel using the tissue paper technique that I had in my drawer.  Although I hate to think about it, I am always needing sympathy cards.

Happy Little Stampers is our sponsor at ATCAS and the winner of the challenge will receive a $20 voucher to their store.  The Design Team has plenty of inspiration for you over on the blog.  Why not take time to make a "teal" card and enter it in the gallery.  Just be sure to keep it CAS (clean and simple).

18 comments:

Lynn said...

Two gorgeous sympathy cards Bobby. I love the soft spectrum of colors.

margot said...

Love these cards! I remember when I always had wedding cards stashed away, then it was always a baby card I was needing and now, as you say, It can never hurt to have extra sympathy cards on hand. The circle of life in a whole different realm.

I Card Everyone said...

Lovely alcohol coloring in the week's chosen color, Bobby. However, I'm so happy to see your 'mistake' - there's no mistake it's gorgeous! When we gather next, you'll have to show me how to do this ... I'd rather watch you, then watch a video!
=]

I Card Everyone said...

... than ...

Doni High said...

Lovely sympathy cards. I like them both. Thanks for telling us how you got the marble-y look, I'm putting that on my list of things to try!


Judy Woodland said...

These are just beautiful, Bobby. I love that you have used the negative to make it a focal. Both colors are gorgeous, and the simplicity makes these stunning. Just gorgeous!!!!!

Barb Ghig said...

How clever you are, Bobby! Your teal leaves are so pretty and I love how you included your alcohol inking around your border! I also love all the texture on your 2nd card...WOW! You've been one busy and creative girl!!!

Unknown said...

Love the texture! x C

Celeste Goff said...

Two gorgeous cards! Love the silver embossing with the bright pops of color!

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely sympathy cards Bobby!

cm said...

Sympathy cards are just sooooo hard to make...sigh. I'm completely captivated by the two beautiful versions you've created. Thoughtful and heart-warming, both!
Hugs~c

Aileen said...

Two Beautiful Cards Bobby, don't know why I put capitals for each word there, lol. Anyway they are both beautiful, the light green is my and my dads favourite colour green so of course my eye swings straight to it.

Mac Mable said...

Gorgeous cards, both of them with fabulous techniques x

Susan said...

These cards are amazing. Love this technique!

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards Bobby. LOVE the gorgeous teal and silver AI through your leaf aperture. There's nothing like the bright colours of AIs ... so pretty. And LOVE the texture from your tissue backed card. Beautiful sympathy cards. xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Both gorgeous creations Bobby, and so perfect for sympathy cards. I love the colors, and the silver sentiments. Somehow, they are hopeful despite the occasion. I just bought my first few alcohol inks. I can't wait to try them. You have really inspired me.

Anita in France said...

Such a wonderfully pure design, Bobby ... perfect for sympathy cards ... they're both simply beautiful! Hugs, Anita :)

Ellenor said...

Wonderful design, I love this card :)