Saturday, April 28, 2018

Addicted to CAS #135

Carolyn is this week's host for Addicted to CAS and her code word is
I didn't know whether to go with gold as a color or gold as a metal.  I ended up going the metallic route.
I cut the SSS leaves from gold metallic paper.  Once I decided to make this a sympathy card and picked the sentiment from HA I added the vellum as a shadow to represent the memories and put it all on Smoky Shadow cs.

The Design Team has some wonderful cards for your inspiration. We hope you'll enter a card in our gallery but remember it needs to be CAS.  My card shows you that 'white' space doesn't need to be white as long as there is a lot of empty space.  Happy Little Stampers is offering a $20 voucher to their store for the winner of this challenge. 

12 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This a such a wonderful design Bobby! I love the vellum shadow - what a great idea.

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely and oh so elegant Bobby!

cm said...

A sophisticated, lovely card, Bobby! The vellum is a wonderful touch!
Hugs~c

Patti said...

This is just beautiful Bobby!! I love the Smoky Shadow cs with the gold!! and the addition of vellum was really brilliant : )

Susan said...

Love it...so beautiful!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous sympathy card, Bobby! I love how you created the shadow with vellum and your sentiment is lovely!

I Card Everyone said...

Really fabulous, Bobby... and with the gray? oh yes, perfection!
=]

Loll said...

Beautiful design Bobby!! Love gold with gray ... such a beautiful and unique colour combination! xx

Unknown said...

Super clever Bobby - loved this. Loved they way you used the gold leaf. x Carolyn

Ellenor said...

This card is SOOO beautiful, I really love the desing :)

Take care
Ellenor

Carole Campanile said...

Beautiful sympathy card. Your layout is perfect.
Carole

Aileen said...

Beautiful sympathy card Bobby, the gold and vellum, perfect.