Saturday, December 7, 2019

Addicted to CAS #174

Do you have your Christmas Cards done?  Here's a chance to make one more although you really could make a different tree for the challenge at Addicted to CAS.  It's hosted by Ceal and her code word is
I got the chance to go with a friend to Gina Marie's and see all her fabulous dies.  You know I couldn't leave without purchasing at least one.  Ha, I did more damage than that but for this card I had a particular one in mind.  The Artistic Tree.  I'm glad I got it when I did because it's retiring.
I cut the tree from both gold foil and a smooshed panel, inserting the later into the foil.  I got a smudge when the glue interacted with the DI and so I inked a scrap of brown for a trunk.  The sentiment from C9 is gold heat embossed.  I couldn't just disregard the smooshed outline cut so I made a second card.
This time I inserted green foil and used a sentiment from HLS.  So now I have two more cards for my Christmas stash.  Will you make a Christmas tree?  Or do you have something else in mind?  I wonder what the Design Team did.  Let's go check them out shall we? 

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

A Christmas tree, or two, would be my first thought this time of year, too, Bobby! Yours are gorgeous!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This reminds me of a wind chime my mom used to hang in her kitchen window! Very pretty Bobby!

Barb Ghig said...

Two fabulous cards, Bobby! I think this tree looks like stained glass...especially the first one with your ink smooshing! I also love how it stands alone to create a lovely CAS design!
Enjoy your holidays, my friend!

TK said...

Great Christmas trees! I too love both, the inked "stained glass" one and the all foiled on the second -- your 'O Christmas Tree' sentiment is fab!

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty tree die and you show great patience in insetting all those tiny pieces!

Patti said...

Neat cards! I love your smooshed panel!! both are beautifully done Bobby!! TWO thumbs up!!

Kara Lynne said...

Both trees are wonderful, Bobby! I love your smudge save with the tree trunk - great idea! It's always fun to use the positive and negative to get two cards, and yours are both brilliant!

Vicky Hayes said...

These are amazing Bobby! I really like the addition of the trunk on the first card :)
It must be lovely being able to physically go shopping for dies and other crafty items. The internet has just about done for bricks and mortar craft shops in the UK and I really miss being able to touch and feel things before buying :/

Jaydee said...

Bobby, your gorgeous tree looks like a wonderful piece of stained glass. CAS perfection
jaydee

Bonnie said...

Ooh, lucky you to get to visit Gina Marie in person! This tree die is a sure winner. I may have to go see if there are any left! Santa may still have room for one more (or two) in his bag. Love these trees!