Saturday, March 20, 2021

Twofer #36

The Twofer Challenge has a twist this time.  They're giving us a choice of what image to use to make two cards for two different occasions.  I missed playing with them the last two months but I'm back with a vengeance with a new stamp set from The Greetery.  Needless to say I didn't stop buying while I was gone but it all came to Ohio so I didn't get to play until I got home.

Quite a different look right?  
I made this card first, stamping the flower as it comes from the set.  I mounted it on Nordic Frames, also from The Greetery.
I knew right away how I wanted to use the stamp for a second card but it gave me fits.  This is actually my second attempt at creating black-eyed Susans from one part of the flower.  I masked the blooms and did a wash on watercolor paper before stamping.  The 'cone' is from an Altenew set, the frame from PTI and the sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly.  

I made both cards without thinking about a sentiment.  Bad idea!!  One is necessary to convey two different occasions for the challenge so I scrambled to find ones that would fit on the cards.

Since I used a NBUS stamp set, I'll send the first card to Darnell's second challenge. 

That's for visiting.  Stay well.







10 comments:

Ela said...

Wonderful flowers on your cards! Hugs Ela

Lisa Elton said...

Yay for new stuff! You've used your new set beauitfully, Bobby. Your blacked-eyed susans are fantastic!

Kara Lynne said...

So clever to create black eye susans, Bobby! Two beautiful cards and both so very different!

Darnell said...

You've got a keen eye to spy a black-eyed Susan inside the shape of the Greetery flower, Bobby! Very clever, although I'm sorry it gave you fits. Both your designs are beautiful and I love the way you were able to add the sediments and make them organic. Thank you for playing in TCC #36! I'm sure your goodies are glad to have you back home! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

p.s. And thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! xxoo

Marcia Hill said...

What a great way to make two different cards from that Greetery set Bobby!! The 1st card stamped as it was intended is SOOOOO pretty with its lovely Spring colors, and then to turn it upside down to create the Black Eyed Susan's is an AWESOME idea!! Lovely, lovely cards my friend and thanks for playing along with us at The Twofer Challenge!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

All those fits paid off, Bobby - I love your black-eyed Susies!
It must have been like Christmas when you arrived home in Ohio! lol
=]

Bonnie said...

What a versatile flower stamp, Bobby! It's so pretty stamped in pink and so creative to turn it into a black-eyed Susan! Wonderful framing on the first card and I love the font of that sentiment on the second card! Thanks for sharing these with us at The Twofer Challenge!

Anita in France said...

Spring time loveliness, Bobby ... what a fabulous choice you made for your prompt! The birthday card in those yummy pastel colours is just gorgeous (I do love those fresh, crisp Nordic frames!) ... and making black eyed susans from the same stamp was ingenious ... they're soft and dreamy, especially with the splatters! Welcome home BTW! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

TK said...

You made and you conquered! ...even with the unplanned sentiments, your cards are wonderful! I love the way you were able to manipulate the flower and come up with one so different looking!