Saturday, November 6, 2021

Just Us Girls #609 - Word Week

Nancy is the host for Word Week at Just Us Girls and this is what she would like to see on our cards.


This is such an easy word if you're making Christmas cards, which I did.


I recently got the ornament stencil from Pretty Pink Posh and made this colorful card using Disress Inks.   I masked off the center portion to leave room for my sentiment from Neat and Tangled, inked with light colors and added the design with a darker shade.  So easy that I ended up making four similar cards.  Here's the first one where I added Nuvo glitter paste instead of the dark color.

 
I opted for a die cut sentiment which is covered with WOS. 

Our guest designer for November is Rachel Davis.  She and the rest of the Design Team have plenty of merriment for you over on the blog.  I hope we see you there.







If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

9 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Bobby... I put this stencil in my wish list. Now that I see what you have done with it...it is a must have. LOVE your card and all its colors!

Nancy said...

As soon as I saw your card I was like...Oh, Bobby got that new stencil! Lucky you! Love them both, but the softness of the second one has won me over! Have a great day!

Rachel D said...

I love how you've made the stencil work in different ways, creating totally different looks. Colourful blending makes it look like you've spent aaages colouring - very clever. Thanks for having me as guest designer this month!

Lisa Elton said...

I like that you gave us one bright and festive along with one soft and lovely! Two terrific cards, Bobby!

Bonnie said...

Two very merry Christmas cards, Bobby! These ornaments are beautiful both ways!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome use of the ornament stencil -- love the texture on the 2nd card too

Ina G said...

Love those ornaments Bobby and both cards look amazing. So colourful and pretty. Great effect on your second card - so sparkly.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love those ornaments and so cool that you used a stencil. Both versions are beautiful, but I do love the sparkle on the second one.

Lisa Kind said...

Oooh these are both so pretty, not sure which is my favorite! I love the techniques on both. Such a versatile stencil.