Saturday, September 3, 2022

Color Hues #48, Seize the Birthday #246 and Can You Handle the Pressure?

Happy Birthday, Color Hues! They are celebrating their 2nd birthday.  Boy did that time go fast.   They are having a collaboration challenge with Seize the Birthday so cards can go to both challenges.

Erum Tasneem made a card using Altenew's Playful Circles embossing folder and it inspired me to make this.


I inked up the bumpy side of the folder with Twisted Citron DI and ran it through my die cutting machine.  Then I ink blended Chipped Sapphire over it.  It wasn't covering enough so I ended up just swiping the ink pad across the panel.  That made the green look faded so I reinked the folder with Altenew Bamboo and ran it through again.  I trimmed the panel and put it on some lime green paper that I used for the STAMPlorations sentiment.  Both the die cut and sentiment strip (from SSS) are popped up. 

I'm also sending this to Can You Handle the Pressure? where my friend Judy is on the design team.  It's my first time there.  Speaking of Judy, we finally met in person Monday.  We've been in close proximity for a number of summers while I'm at the lake and this year was the year to have lunch and enjoy each others company like we'd been friends forever. 


Thanks for dropping by.  Have a great weekend.







If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

11 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Bobby, what a FABULOUS creation! Love your choice of colors! OH WHAT FUN that you got to link up with Judy ... I have yet to meet her in person but hopefully next year will be the year! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
Can You Handle the Pressure
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Lisa Elton said...

You had me with all of those fun polka dots! Terrific card, Bobby! It's always fun to meet up with blogging friends!

Karen said...

All that texture in the embossing folder must be fabulous in person. Love it here as well; such a fun card! Thanks for helping us celebrate at Color Hues!

JulieP said...

Loving the inky techniques you used here. I think this would make an excellent card for the guys. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Seize the Birthday challenge blog!

Nancy said...

I was going to talk about your card......But you got to meet Judy in person, that is so fabulous!!!!! That makes my heart happy! I hope to do that one day as well! Okay, back to business! I love how this turned out and can totally see why you were inspired. Now you have inspired the rest of us! Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday and Color Hues for our collaboration challenge.

Cathy said...

Great use of these colours, love all of the dotty texture, Cathy x

Judy Woodland said...

So great to finally meet up in person, I feel like we have known each other forever. Can't wait to do it again soon!! Your card is FABULOUS, I love the colors and design. It's simply a great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us, I was so delighted to see your creation here. Take care, my friend!!!

Bonnie said...

A great way to use these colors, Bobby! Love the intense inking! Lucky you and Judy to be able to get together!

Tracey McNeely said...

Bobby I just love your card, such a great way to use the colours and the polka dot background is so fun! Thank you so much for celebrating with us at the Color Hues!

Cindy Beach said...

It's a treat to see two stamping friends together! Lime Green polka dots? Yes, please! You put lots of effort in, thanks for making this card so special! We always love having you play along at Color Hues!

Hannelie said...

Great use of that embossing folder Bobby. Love the texture and of course... the dots! Thanks for joining our birthday celebration at Color Hues !