Saturday, September 24, 2022

Just Us Girls #651 - Photo Week

Nancy is hosting the Photo Week challenge at Just Us Girls this week and she has chosen an appropriate photo for this time of year.


The one thing I love about living in the Midwest is the changing seasons and none is more beautiful than Fall.


The leaves were cut from watercolor paper using my two sizes of Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaves.  They were colored with a variety of Distress Inks and when dry arranged on Spicy Yogurt cardstock from Altenew.  A simple foiled sentiment from Altenew was the finishing touch. 

I'm guessing it will be a colorful gallery this week.  Let's start by seeing what the Design Team and our guest Julie Beech have made using the photo as inspiration.   Then it's up to you to make a card and link it up.  Who knows.  You may have a chance to be a future guest. 

Edited to Add: Since my card qualifies for the Double D challenge - Things that Fall - I will be sending my card to their galllery.






If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

15 comments:

Julie B said...

Your card represents my image of a New England fall Bobby, not much happening here yet!
It's been a fun few weeks being with you all at JUGS. :)

Nancy said...

This is outstanding, Bobby! I adore it! Thanks for taking my challenge and running with it!

ElizStewart said...

Bobby...your leaves are stellar!

Carol said...

I ordered leaves like this only to receive teeny tiny ones...yours are perfectly colored and placed on your card! Pretty fall scene!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Outstanding coloring of those leaves worked beautifully for an inspired card!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow, Bobby your leaves look realistic! Fabulous card!

I Card Everyone said...

You already know how much I love those sweet little leaves - I also love how you've colored them, Bobby! Perfect for your Fall card!
=]

Judy Woodland said...

You are so right about where we live. The colors are the BEST of the changing seasons. I love the colors you have used, they are spot on for what we see here every fall. Just STUNNING!!!

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous leaves, Bobby, and I love how they look on that speckled background!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your leaves are gorgeous using the Distress Inks! Love that Spicy Yogurt card base, too! This is the perfect take on a Michigan fall!

Diane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane said...

Beautifully created fall card with your gorgeous leaves!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D and I agree, living in the Midwest has it's pluses and the fall color is one of them!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Darlene said...

I'm in Ohio so ME TOO ... love the changing of Seasons!!! Your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your STENCILS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at Crazy is our fame – STENCILS are our game (aka STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE. The fun begins OCTOBER 4th … Hope to see you there!

TK said...

These leaves are always a welcome to Fall, and your card is wonderful and gives us all the "feels"

Ina G said...

Oh what beautiful fall leaf colours you have created here Bobby. Stunning!