Thursday, September 8, 2022

Less Is More #472

The deadline is nearing on the Less Is More challenge and I wanted to get a card made with a new-to-me technique using vellum.  


I first saw the technique on a video by Chrissie Stokes.    Then I saw some cards that my friend Bonnie Klass made.  Here are her latest.  I went looking for a stamp with lots of detail and found this poinsettia on a set from Colorado Craft Co.  I white heat embossed it on the front of the vellum and stamped in Altenew Ruby Red on the back.   The frame is cut using WaffleFlower dies, stacked 3 times. The heat embossed sentiment is from Penny Black.  This gives such a cool look and I will definitely be doing it again.

Thanks for dropping by.  And thanks to all the crafters who provide such wonderful inspiration.




If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Absolutely stunning, Bobby! I have this technique on my list to try!
=]

Judy Woodland said...

What a FABULOUS idea. I'm pinning!!! I am such a fan of red and white, and your frame really sets the whole thing off. You are a GENIUS, my dear!!!!

Bonnie said...

Isn't this technique fun? The poinsettias work perfectly and you have another Christmas card for your stash!

Lisa Elton said...

OH my goodness, Bobby this is spectacular! The poinsettias were a great choice for this technique!

Marcia Hill said...

Bonnie's been making me so jealous with this technique, and now you too Bobby!! This card is absolutely GORGEOUS...I just love the simplicity of it and the beautiful red & white Poinsettia's all framed in the white! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

Gorgeous! I'm really enjoying Bonnie's cards, and now yours too!