Saturday, October 1, 2022

Just Us Girls #652 - Word Week

Do you have a bunch of scraps that you would like to use up?  Then this week's challenge at Just Us Girls is perfect for you.  Ina is our host for Word Week and this is what she chose.


I ended up channelling Ardyth for my card.  She is a master of using small pieces to make a great graphic card. 


After using this die on previous cards,


all those little cuts from the J and Y were scattered on my desk and I saw a flower.  I plopped six of the cuts into CP Apricot ink and layered an extra one under each.  The center is a circle from MFT colored with CP Terra Cotta and the stem and leaf were hand cut.  I masked off the SSS sentiment to stamp the Happy part in Terra Cotta to add that color again. 

The Design Team and our guest Lynne Jardine have cards using scraps on the blog.  We'd like to see what you can do with them so we hope you add your card to the gallery. 




If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

10 comments:

Carol said...

How clever to see those petals in the JOY die!!! I love graphic cards and yours is so cheerful and pretty!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent dual use of your die! Great use of scraps for sure :)

Lynne in NI said...

Oh that is so clever Bobby, I would never have guessed it was made from your scraps and not an actual flower die! Love it!
Thanks for the welcome :)

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun way to create a flower! Cute card, Bobby!

Tracey McNeely said...

Can you say brilliant! Wow when I first saw your card I was thinking where is this die from--lol! Well now I know and it is perfection!!

cm said...

Ingenious, Bobby! I would have tossed those pieces away! Such a pretty flower made from the inside of the *j* and *y*! Love this!
hugs~c

Ina G said...

Wow Bobby talk about thinking outside the box! You nailed it here with this beauty. Fabulous use of those scrappy bits.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You really did use scraps so cleverly! I never would have thought of using them like this. This is a really cool card!

Anonymous said...

My name didn’t publish for some reason. It’s Lisa Kind.

Cécile RIBON said...

I'm totally in love with this bold flower made of scraps! It's brilliant and gorgeous, Bobby.