Saturday, October 22, 2022

Just Us GIrls #655 - Photo Week

The Photo Week challenge at Just Us Girls is hosted by Cecile and she chose this image for us to base our cards on. 

I just happened to get a die set from HoneyBee called Lovely Layers Fall Foliage and it was perfect for this challenge.
 

The cattails and what we used to call beanie whackers are from that set.  The wheat looking die is from Concord and 9th.  I arranged them on Altenew Spicy Yogurt cardstock but they needed a container to ground them.  I went looking for something the right size and ended up with a mug from SSS, minus the handle.  Can you guess what I cut it from?  If you think it looks like a piece of birch bark you are correct.  It's just a thin shaving that I backed with cardstock.  The sentiment is from PTI.

What inspires you in the photo?  The weeds?  Dolls? Friends?  Put your idea on paper and enter it in our gallery for a chance to be a guest designer like this month's guest Lynne Jardine.





If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

14 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Bobby...the cat tails are an inspired addition! We don't see those enough.

Marcia Hill said...

AWESOME card Bobby and I love, LOVE your birch bark container...it's amazing! Lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific CAS card, Bobby!

I Card Everyone said...

Beanie whackers? That's a new one on me, Bobby! Love the birch bark and have had that die set in and out of my cart a few times! Just when I think YES it's out of stock! lol Oh well, it's perfectly at home in your talented hands!
=]

Carol said...

I love texture so your card caught my eye. What a great take on Cécile's photo!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome inspired card! Love the die cuts

cm said...

Beanie whackers? That's a new one to me; I like it! As for your card: I love it! Fabulous take on the photo!
hugs~c

Anonymous said...

Well aren't YOU the clever girl. Using real birch bark is GENIUS!!! I love your design and the rustic look. This is so stinkin' cool, Bobby!!!

Nancy said...

I have never ever heard cattails called beanie hackers before! LOL. What a great memory of Ohio you gave me with this card, Bobby! Awesome job!

TK said...

Love your take -- the autumn tones are great with the cattails and whackers

Bonnie said...

You have the perfect dies for this challenge, Bobby! I love this bouquet! Beany Whackers is a new definition to me. I can totally see where it came from though. Cattails would have been perfect for bopping that annoying little brother over the head!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your fall foliage on this beautiful card! That pot made from the birch bark is amazing and so very creative! That Spicy Yogurt card base is the perfect background for your beautiful arrangement!

Ina G said...

Oh Bobby - simple-e fabulous CAS card. Really creative how you made that pot.

Cécile RIBON said...

That fall foliage bouquet is stunning, Bobby, so elegant in neutral colors!