Monday, January 23, 2023

Can You Handle the Pressure? Dots and NBUS #46

After seeing my friend Marcia's cards using a technique from Jennifer McGuire, I spent a day making a few of my own.  One of them works well for the challenge at Can You Handle the Pressure? with the twist of Dots. 


After taping off a border on my panel, it was inked with Salty Ocean, Blue Print Sketch and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks and Perfect Pearls were applied for a metallic look that doesn't show well in the photo. It was then run through with the Altenew Dotty Circle embossing folder.  For the sentiment, navy cardstock was cut with a die from MFT and layered on vellum.  I'm trying to build up my stash of masculine cards and I think this fits the bill.  

Since this is the first time using the embossing folder, I'm sending my card to NBUS.

Thanks for dropping by.  Have a good week.




If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot about this technique, isn't it gorgeous??? You have really nailed it here. I have that embossing folder and it lends itself well to this look, it's just beautiful. Pinning for future reference!

judy woodland said...

Okay, that above comment is me. This is getting really ANNOYING!!!!!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Very masculine, very cool, Bobby!
=]

Ela said...

Wonderful! Hugs Ela

Bonnie said...

A fun embossing folder and a fabulous technique that I still need to try. Love the navy and white! So crisp and classy!

Marcia Hill said...

I am so glad you tried this technique Bobby, and your card turned out FABULOUS!! I love all the blues surrounded by the white border, and that ef is just perfect for a masculine card! FUN technique, isn't it?!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

What a great EF! This turned out great, Bobby. Fun card!

Loll said...

LOVE your design Bobby! The colours of your blended inks with perfect pearls is gorgeous, especially when it's bordered in white. LOVE all the dots! xx

Lori m said...

Gorgeous background and card, hugs, Lori m

TK said...

Love the inked focal point, and a great masculine card! Keeping it CAS sometimes works the best

Darlene said...

Oh Bobby ... this is OMG gorgeous! A simple design but VERY impressive! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
Can You Handle the Pressure
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Lia said...

Dots all over your card. It's very well done!
Lia DT CYHTP

Cathy said...

Love the ef, looks great with this technique, Cathy x

Erikine spominčice said...

Nice card.