Thursday, February 9, 2023

Color Hues #57 and The Male Room #171

Sage and Coral.  Those are the colors for Color Hues and the first thing I thought of was the Mega Succulent from Altenew that came to me through a friend's purge. 


I started by smooshing CP Sage ink on a watercolor panel, then heat embossed the succulent in white.  The edges were painted with Abandon Coral DI and more color added with Bundled Sage Distress Spray. The sentiment from Neat and Tangled was stamped in Bundled Sage Oxide ink.  

That was actually my second attempt.  I wasn't crazy about the first try but didn't want it to go to waste so I made some adjustments and made this card for The Male Room.  They want masculine cards featuring nature.

This time it was embossed in black and watercolored with Distress Inks. The offending part of the image was the outside edge so I fussy cut it off and foam mounted the center portion on black.  A scrap of sage paper was heat embossed in black with the Hero Arts sentiment and the edges rounded with a corner chomper.

Thanks for dropping by.  I love it when you do.







If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

What a way to rescue that piece, Bobby! It's so nice to see this stamp again - I have it somewhere!
It is the perfect choice for those colors! Well done, my friend!
=]

Anonymous said...

Both cards are wonderful! I know I've never seen that Mega Succulent, and it's a stunner---love the way you colored it! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Lisa Elton said...

What a great save, Bobby! You turned that into a terrific masculine card. These are both fabulous!

Darnell said...

They are both sensational, Bobby! Good choice for the sage and coral brief! And great job with the fussy-cutting! I love it against the black and in the smaller size! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

I would not have guessed that both of these cards were done with the same stamp, Bobby! Love, love, love how the succulent covers the whole front of the first card! By cutting the flower down you got a whole new look that's perfect for a guy! Great save!

Nancy said...

Two great cards using Sage and Coral, Bobby! I love the bold one a smidge more than your first attempt. Both are really excellent though and the most perfect stamp for these colors. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues! Have a great weekend!

TK said...

Wonderful cards, and I love that you turned the second into a masculine card with nature! Succulent and masculine would not easily come together for me, but you've definitely made it work. Nice save on the image too

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Both are wonderful and a nice take on our challenge, love your colouring and design on each. Thank you so much for joining us in our Nature challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

Tracey McNeely said...

Both of your cards are fantastic Bobby, the succulent is gorgeous with just the right amount of coral to look realistic, so lovely. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lucky you getting this from a purge! You used it brilliantly - Thanks for joining in at TMR

Julie B said...

I would not have thought of succulents for this colour way Bobby, but seeing your large succulent proves it does work and so well too. Thanks for joining in at Color Hues. :)

Pamela said...

what a unique creation using 2 of the colors and take over the front of the card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room for nature theme