Saturday, April 29, 2023

Double D and Triple B for April 2023

I have a card to share today that fits both the challenge at Double D "Things that Fly" and the one at Triple B which is always Birds, Butterflies and Blooms.  I had to buy the birdhouse and bluebird after seeing a video from Dawn at WPlus9.  I used the house on an earlier card but the bird is making his debut. 


The birdhouse was cut from TH Woodgrain cs and then I ran an ink pad over it to bring out the details. The bird was cut from white and ink blended to look like a bluebird.  The ones I have at my feeder are much darker but he was done first. I needed something to perch him on and went with Dogwood from Honey Bee.   The 'sky' is Spring Rain from PTI, embossed with a coverplate from STAMPlorations. 

Thanks for dropping by.  Have a great weekend!






If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Several months back (I think) I saw this video and fell in love. Just had to get the die and the TH paper. I am a bird watcher - have several feeders in our back yard where I can watch the birds from my craft room window. Sounds like you do pretty much the same thing. I love the house and bird but I particularly like the dogwood.
Sandy xx.

I Card Everyone said...

So wonderful, Bobby - looks so much like the Bluebird in the photo! A darling little house, perfect for a Spring nest!
=]

Judy Woodland said...

So, so cute. I absolutely LOVE how you have colored that bird. Thanks for playing along with us over at Double D, your card is perfect for the challenge!

Bonnie said...

I love your bluebird and "wood" birdhouse, Bobby! I think your bluebird is colored perfectly!

Leslie Miller said...

I love it! I'm a fan of all things bird related, and this pretty scene drew me right in when I saw it at Double D. Cleverly crafted. Love the birdhouse, and the dogwood branch makes a perfect perch. We don't have bluebirds where I live but at least I can color them. Thank you for playing along with us at Double D!

Darlene said...

Oh Bobby ... this is just awesome and so, so sweet! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Triple B ... OUR NEW CHALLENGE BLOG which is all about butterflies, birds & blooms.

PS ... thanks for also sharing with us over on our Triple B challenge ... good luck!!

Diane said...

Beautifully created card, I actually saw a bluebird here late winter, I think it was confused as we had some warmer winter temps, so I went and bought mealy worms for it to feed on, they were gone pretty fast!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B and Double D!
Diane TB and DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Vicki said...

So cute! Love that inking on the bluebird and that you were inspired by the dogwood and created these beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, "Things That Fly" Challenge.

TK said...

Another adorable bird! Love these birds lately, and your robin is a welcome addition in this season of change