Sunday, April 30, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #583

There is an interesting sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and while I had an immediate idea, following through with all the details was more difficult that I thought.  Maybe you should see the sketch first.



I have the Rustic Floral  Wreath from Pinkfresh Studio and stenciled with Altenew Inks.  It has the swag of flowers on both sides so I cut them apart and used one on my card along with a heat embossed sentiment from Sunny Studio.  The bow from PTI is cut from brown metallic paper.  That's what took so long - trying to figure out what color the bow should be.  I inked it with the same colors as the flowers and it turned out so different.  Nothing else I had matched but when I saw this scrap of brown I knew it was what I had been looking for. 

Thanks for dropping by.  






If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

6 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

How darling!! I love that brown bow. I would NEVER have thought to use brown. This is a real stunner.

Lisa Elton said...

Your pretty little brown bow is the icing on the cake! Darling card, Bobby!

I Card Everyone said...

Definitely the perfect choice for your bow, Bobby - though it looks like velvet to me! SO pretty!
=]

Bonnie said...

The brown bow works perfectly with this pretty swag of flowers, Bobby! Great choice!

TK said...

Very sweet and pretty -- it's definitely hard to believe you struggled because it's perfect!

Karren said...


This is so pretty! The elements look so delicate and work beautifully together. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.