Thursday, May 25, 2023

Time Out #239

There's a photo challenge at Time Out


Here's a closer look.

 I took bits and pieces of the photo to make my card. 


See the copper glasses?  That inspired my copper embossed frame.  To pay homage to the crystal glasses I embossed a piece of acetate and layered it over the green that is in the vase.  Here's a close up.


The flowers are Cistus from Altenew in shades of gray and white with pink and yellow centers. 

Picket Fence is sponsoring this challenge and the winner will receive a $25 store credit.  What part or parts of the photo inspire you?  Come see what the Design Team and our guest designer Joyce have made. I hope you'll show us how you are inspired by entering a card in the gallery. 





If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

7 comments:

Lori m said...

Very pretty, fantastic diecut floral, the copper frame is awesome, beautiful take on the challenge, hugs, Lori m

Nonni said...

Oh wow, your embossed acetate is brilliant! I've never embossed acetate and this makes me think I definitely should! Fun card and very inspired. xxx

Leslie Miller said...

Bobby, thank you for popping in to visit me recently. I appreciate your time and thoughtfulness and a quick click brings me here to enjoy a return visit. I have sure enjoyed my time here! This card is lovely with those pretty flowers and the copper frame. I'm a fan of copper. Love how you stamped the sentiment on the leaf Clever! I must remember to do that sometime. Have a good day!

Bonnie said...

I love how these pretty flowers pop against the green background! The embossed acetate adds extra texture and dimension!

I Card Everyone said...

The Cistus are beautiful, as is your coppery frame, Bobby - but WOW am I impressed with the embossed acetate! Such a great representation of that glass!
=]

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I second Michele's comment about the acetate. That is brilliant!!!! Love the way the photo inspired you to create this wonderful card!

Deepti Aggarwal said...

This is simply beautiful, Bobby!. I love the copper embossed frame so much. Hugsxx