Friday, June 23, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #591

Sometimes what looks like the easiest sketch is the most difficult to actually achieve.  I had to think a while and go through my meager stash before I came across an idea for Freshly Made Sketches.


I cut white cardstock with the edge die from Spellbinders.  Then I rehearsed different papers to go with it for the background.  Just like in Goldilocks, some were too light and some too dark.  Just right was this colorwash look from HoneyBee.   The flower from Simon Hurley was cut from the strip leftover when I cut the background.  The sentiment from Altenew was stamped in dark brown to go with the flower center.  

Thanks for dropping by.





If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

7 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Wow, I really love this. Had to go find that fabulous border die from Spellbinders. You really used it to advantage on this card. I adore the colors and that beautiful flower, but the way you have done the border really makes this card pop. GORGEOUS!

Lisa Elton said...

Nailed it! Wow, Bobby, what a beautiful job you've done with the sketch! Marvelous card!

Bonnie said...

Love these lacy edges and that adorable flower, Bobby! A just right shade for the background and flower!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a beautiful card! Love the background and that beautiful die cut edge! Your flower is the perfect addition! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

I Card Everyone said...

Such a pretty edge to that center section, Bobby - and I love the brown!
=]

Amy O said...

I love that pretty colorwashed background paired with the pretty flower! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

TK said...

Your lacey die is the perfect place for your humbly beautiful flower -- the white contrast to the background and flower are perfect, Bobby!