Saturday, September 9, 2023

Just Us Girls #696 - Word Week

I'm hosting Word Week at Just Us Girls and I've chosen "Moon" as our word.


I was really thinking Harvest Moon when I chose the word but I ended up making a Christmas card.


I started by cutting an MFT circle die from masking paper.  Distress Inks in Faded Jeans, Prize Ribbon, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot were used to color the sky. Santa needed something to fly over so I made a roof using the Spellbinders scalloped embossing folder, inking it with the same colors.  A soft dusting of snow, the silhouette from CPD and a Ho Ho Ho as he flies away finished it off.  

What kind of moon will you put on your card?  As always, the Design Team has wonderful inspiration for you.  We'd love to see your card in our gallery.









If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

15 comments:

Nancy said...

Awesome card and I love that you added a rooftop. Are cards are similar but different. Love yours!

Lisa Kind said...

This is a beautiful Christmas card! I love the scene you created, especially the roof! This was a great word for this week's challenge!

I Card Everyone said...

It's such a fabulous moon with a gorgeous glow, Bobby - but it's that shingled rooftop I am taken by today! How fun!
=]

Anonymous said...

So much fun! I love this card!!
Sandy xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect image with this big moon!

Carol said...

I have been on the search for a Santa and sleigh for a couple of years to use with a moon and you did it here so well. Cute roof idea and the light snowfall is perfect! This was a fun word because it can go in many directions!!!

Bonnie said...

What a great way to do the roofline and a wonderful night sky with a full moon to guide Santa! I love this, Bobby!

Loll said...

This is so creative with your amazing sky and that roof!! Wonderul card Bobby! xx

ElizStewart said...

Bobby...truly the perfect moon. I can't believe I didn't think of it! Love it.

TK said...

Wow, your layout is perfect, down to the roof! Such a fun card, and terrific inking

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is such a wonderful card. I LOVE the roof - how clever! And the sky is so dark it makes the moon so bright, and I love that Santa silhouette. Great make for Word Week!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the direction you took, Bobby! Your card is wonderful. Love your moon and the fancy rooftop you gave Santa! This was such a fun challenge, so many possibilities!

cm said...

Your Santa and reindeer, silhouetted in the glowing moon as they fly over the rooftop, make for a fabulous Christmas scene. That night sky you've created is especially amazing! Love this!
hugs~c

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your big, beautiful moon with Santa and his sleigh. Your night sky looks amazing and I love your added rooftop, great idea.

Ina G said...

Wow what a perfect moon and shadows to highlight Santa's visit. Love the sprinkles of snow and how you added the realistic rooftop. Fabulous challenge Bobby.