Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Tic Tac Toe #238 and Inkspirational #304

I've been wanting to make a card with a Christmas swag on it and did one for two challenges: Tic Tac Toe (December holiday, winter foliage and green or red) and Inkspirational (add glitter).


Unfortunately I don't think there is enough variance in the greens to make the different branches stand out.  Most are from Honey Bee's Winter Foliage but the gray green cedar in the back is from Tim Holtz.  The gold glitter cardstock for The Greetery bow is from DCWV and the sentiment is from Pinkfresh Studio.  It's embossed in Sparkle powder although it doesn't show up in the photo.  I tried adding Rock Candy Glitter to some of the branches but it didn't show up so I went over it with Puff embossing powder to make it more like snow.  Still not happy with it but it is what it is.  Truth be told, this is my second try.  I feel there'll be a third or fourth until I get it right. 😉

Thanks for dropping by.  I hope your holiday preparations are going well.










If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Your efforts are appreciated, Bobby - I think it looks very beautiful as is!
=]

Judy Woodland said...

I think this is fabulous, I LOVE the way it turned out, it's perfect. That bit of snow is the perfect final touch, as is that beautiful gold bow. I think I might have to pin this one.

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous, Bobby! The greenery is so pretty with that sparkly gold bow!

Lisa Elton said...

I see the different shades of green, Bobby and I like what the sparkle adds.This is a lovely card!

Anonymous said...

Actually, I love the depth of color in the green. The snow is perfect.
First glance, I loved it!!!!

TK said...

Not only a pretty swag, but the glittery/snowy bits add a lot of fun to this -- it's a winner in my book!

ElizStewart said...

Bobby... just stellar! Love the bow! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Christmas Card Throwdown this week.

Julia Aston said...

Oh what a lovely pine swag you created Bobby! So pretty with the gold bow, the embossed background and banner sentiment strip! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: Glitter! Julia xx