Thursday, January 11, 2024

Just Us Girls #709 - Word Week

It's Word Week at Just Us Girls and our host Sue has chosen this;


We all could use a little sparkle in our lives and I made mine in the form of a birthday card.


The background was in my B&P box and I added some mica sprays to it for sparkle - then turned it into an edge to edge shaker with some random sequins.  The Penny Black sentiment was cut from very old metallic looking  paper from my stash. 

Now it's your turn.  How does the word "Sparkle" speak to you?  Head to the challenge blog to see what our guest Stef and the design team have made for your inspiration.

ETA: This card also works for the challenge at Double D so I'm sending it there.  They are celebrating their eighth birthday.  Congratulations, Diane and Darlene!




If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love edge to edge shakers. This is fabulous and sparkly 😊

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a fantastic background! I just love it when something from your B&P box becomes the star of your creation. Great paper for your die cut sentiment too... and who doesn't love a shaker??!

ElizStewart said...

Bobby... if I didn't know better I would have thought Ina had made that background. FABULOUS! You should consider entering it over at Double "D". https://daranddiane.blogspot.com/

Carol said...

Fun sparkle card and you have made me want to finally try this kind of shaker!!

cm said...

Your edge-to-edge sparkly shaker is such fun, Bobby! I agree: we all need more sparkle in our lives, every day!
hugs~c

Lisa Elton said...

Your sparkly shaker is full of fun, Bobby!

Kate said...

Love your fabulous background Bobby and all those wonderful sparkly sequins! Such a fun card! Hugs, Kate!

Stef Perry said...

What a great birthday card, Bobby! Love the colors you achieved in the background and of course the edge to edge shaker is so festive.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that background and how fun that it was one you already had done and just spritzed with mica spray! This is a fabulous shaker card and so perfect for our challenge. I was making a shaker today and vowed I would never, ever make another one, but I just might give this type a try.

Ina G said...

Oh Bobby this is awesome! That background and colours are spectaculat and what a fabulous sparkly shaker.