Tuesday, February 27, 2024

52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Week 8

Hey there!  I'm so glad you dropped by. 

Have you ever made a retiform card?  That's the technique we are to use for the challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.  I knew I had done it before and when I looked it up it was almost 4 years ago that I made my first retiform card.  Here's number two.


The most difficult part was finding enough Christmas images that had a similar line width.  Five of them came from Reverse Confetti, one from The Stamp Market, one from  MFT and one from STAMPlorations.  The sentiment is from Colorado Craft Company.   I used Pumice Stone Distress Oxide to ink the sections and to stamp the images.  For a vintage look, I colored them with PolyChromos pencils.  There is a video listed on the blog if you want more information although I watched one from GinaK.  

Think you'll give this technique a try?







If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I haven't made one, Bobby - nor have I ever even heard of it! But your example sure is cute! The pencil coloring was so smart for this vintage look!
=]

Bonnie said...

This is new to me and very interesting. You did an amazing job of finding the perfect stamps for each of the spaces! Thanks for the link. I may have to give it a try.

Lisa Elton said...

I've never hears of it either, but yours is terrific!

TK said...

Your card is perfect for the technique, and you captured the vintage look! I have seen this technique only once, I tried it and failed miserably -- maybe again one day, but I need a few more successes in my life first - lol