Thursday, March 14, 2024

Just Us Girls #718 - Word Week

Hey there crafty friends.  I'm so glad you dropped by.

We have something a little different for you this week at Just Us Girls.  We are collaborating with Time Out for a two week challenge.  I'm on both Design Teams and the host for this challenge - Birds.



I just HAD to have this Bird of the Mountain from Altenew and it was so popular I had to wait for it to come back in stock.  That was a while ago and I'm just making him into a card now.    He was cut from white cardstock that was inked in colors to make him into my version of a thrush.  The leafy branch is unlabeled so if you know whose it is please tell me.  I tried a Google picture and it came up as a piece of wall art that was the very same image in a large size.  The clouds were made with an MFT stencil.

There are a lot of different birds flying around the blog this week, all made by our talented Design Team and our Guest Tracey McNeely.  You'll want to check them out and also those made by the Time Out Design Team. 

FYI: When you link up a card at Just Us Girls it will automatically link up at Time Out.  














If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

15 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful, majestic bird Bobby!! Gorgeous colouring too. He really stands out against the cloudy background. xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fabulous bird! Awesome card!

Carol said...

What an authentic bird and branch...you colored it so well! Great card for our theme. I look forward to making another card for week 2!

TK said...

Your sweet bird is so happy to be seeing blue skies and high, fluffy clouds! I'm glad he's ushering in Spring

ElizStewart said...

Bobby... wow...what a gorgeous bird. DYNOmite! Thanks so much for putting this challenge together... so much fun!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Your bird is gorgeous. I love your color choices and beautiful sky.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That bird is gorgeous with such perfect coloring/shading! I love how it is sitting on that branch with the beautiful sky behind it.

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness Bobby ou always surprise me, what a lovely bird. So honored to be guesting along with JUGS this month!

Nonni said...

This bird looks amazing inked the way you did -so realistic and beautiful! Super work! Thank you for making this collaboration possible. xxx

Quillish said...

Oh Bobby! I have to stop checking the blogs - my list of what I want is getting too long! Absolutely in love with this beautiful card and the colors you chose for this lovely bird! I have been wanting this bird too but - I was resisting till now. Love your soft clouds for the background too. I can never get them so soft.

Ina G said...

Wow what a magestic bird and how beautifully you have coloured 'her' and the leaves she is sitting on. Lovely soft clouds too.

Kate said...

I'm going out on a limb here to say this is one of the loveliest birds I've ever seen ... at least made from paper! It's a gorgeous die and I can see why you just had to have it but your colouring (bird and leaves) and attention to detail has lifted this little guy to a whole new level! And such a lovely stencilled background too! So exciting to be collaborating with JUGS! Hugs, Kate!

Bonnie said...

This stately bird was definitely worth waiting for, Bobby! Beautifully colored and I love that branch and the sky!

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Such a beautiful card, Bobby!! Love your inkblending so much. It looks liek a real bird to me. Hugsxx Deepti

cm said...

You've created a beautiful scene with your star of the stage Bird of the Mountain.
Hugs~c