Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Double D - First Signs of Spring & NBUS #60

Hey there.  Thanks for dropping by.

I think crocuses are actually the first sign of Spring and I do have a crocus die but I wanted to use my new set from Hero Arts and made a card with tulips for Double D - First Signs of Spring.  There are actually some in the beautiful mood board below.  


The watering can was cut from gray and inked along the edges for dimension.  I haven't used my Inktense pencils in like forever so I cut the tulips from watercolor paper and used a wet brush to move the pencil color.  I decided to show them off against the SB elliptical oval and went searching for a background panel.  This yellow ombre' was in a pack from Honey Bee. 

NBUS here I come with this wonderful new die set. 









If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

4 comments:

Darnell said...

I love seeing all the watering cans around Blogland, brightly filled with bouquets to welcome spring and your pretty can of yellow tulips makes me happy, Bobby! I love the elliptical oval and the yellow ombre background. I'll add this die-cut delight to Pinterest and thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bobby! I just LOVE tulips and yellow is my favorite color, so this card is a win win for me!! Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

Tulips will be poking their heads up very soon. Definitely one of the early spring blooms. Yours are softly pencil colored in my favorite yellow, and the watering can reminds me of walking in the garden, clipping blooms and plunking them into the nearest receptacle before carrying inside to arrange in a vase. The background paper is pretty, too. Paper-a-holic here. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Double D!

Bonnie said...

These tulips are so bright and sunny, Bobby! I love them showing off in the watering can and you found the perfect paper to ground them!