Thursday, April 18, 2024

Just Us Girls #723 - Mood Board Week

Vicki has a lovely mood board for us this week at Just Us Girls.

I couldn't resist that beautiful sunflower, especially since I had recently purchased one from Altenew.


It comes with a stencil that was used with Altenew Pastel Sunrise, Canyon Clay, Frayed Leaf and Forest Glades ink.  The sentiment is from EbyE.

I made a different card first using the second layer of the stencil.  I don't often like the way the second layer looks and choose to shade the flowers myself like the one above. 


This sunflower was die cut, added to some DSP from Honey Bee and run through their burlap embossing folder.  This sentiment is part of the Dancing Sunflowers set.  Totally different look.  

What peeks your interest in that mood board?  What do you think the Design Team and our guest Colleen were inspired by?  Head on over to Just Us Girls, check them out and see a larger version of the mood board.  


This is the first outing of the Dancing Sunflowers so I'm sending my card to NBUS #61.








If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

11 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Both of these cards are so pretty Bobby! I love the simplicity of the first card and your coloring is beautiful! The flower on the 2nd card with the dsp and embossing folder is just as pretty...I love them both!! Hugs. :0)

ElizStewart said...

Bobby... I like your fun, new sunflower... and your coloring is beautiful. I opt for the first one too!

I Card Everyone said...

Bobby, I believe you did a better job of shading that Sunflower than the stencil made for it! GORGEOUS colors - there you go again finding the prettiest 'unusual' colors for flowers! [like those orange Poinsettias!]
Just gorgeous in a CAS design, probably my favorite - but I do love that burlap texture, too!
=]

Bonnie said...

Two very different looks, Bobby! The layers are subtle and beautiful on both! Love the texture on the second!

Carol said...

Your flower is soft and pretty and obviously inspired by the (?) in the photo. I absolutely LOVE that burlap version too! Great cards!

Tracey McNeely said...

The first card is so beautiful in peach but the second card blew me away. It looks like you actually used burlap!! Wow!

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful cards. I really like the firs one that you colored yourself. Love the soft colors you used for the pretty sunflower.

TK said...

Sweet! I love the peachy tones of the first card and offset by white, it really stands out! The second is interesting in that between the bg paper and embossing, it almost looks like your flower is placed on a linen placement. Great choice of paper

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Both beautiful ways to use that sunflower, Bobby. I love the colors you chose. Beautiful take on the moodboard.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous flower. That 2nd card is awesome with the faux texture 😊

Mary Marsh said...

2 pretty cards and I like the stencil work.